TRF Forums

It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline
125cc
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 215
Woodywoodster wrote:
Personally I'm not worried either way about having a card but I do understand that some people would want them..but as you can just ask now and get one I can't see the problem..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is exactly the option we implemented. But if the majority of members really want the plastic cards then we wil reinstate them.

_________________
Dave Carling
Conservation Director
Trail Riders Felllowship Ltd.
www.lvtrf.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:50 pm 
Offline
400 cc

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:50 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: Yorkshire
stormbringer wrote:
From memory the costs are less than £2, but, times that by 4500 and we have the potential to spend up to £9k on plastic cards. Is this an acceptable use of funds? Let's wait for the feedback to see if a majority are in favour of the plastic cards and then we will carry out a detailed analysis of up to date costs and ask the members for approval/opinion. I'm sorry if I can't be more precise with costs but if we consider that it will be at least £1 and less than £2 we can at least estimate the potential spend for now.


I was led to believe that the whole renewal cost (admin/letters/postage/sticker/plastic card etc) was £2 and the cost of the card within that.....was just 50p, so that's a card cost of £2250 from a revenue income of £202,500, less than 0.01% of turnover from membership revenue

Happy to be corrected

_________________
2003 Honda XR400R3
1996 Suzuki DR350SE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
300 cc
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 pm
Posts: 570
I requested the option at renewal for a new card and it was sent straight out no quibble. my card says member since. If I didn't renew next time then who would know I was still valid? My card would imply i was still a member.

If it's less than £2 have an option on renewal for sticker/card pack and a plain renewal, no sticker no card no £2 surcharge.

Those that aren't bothered can opt to save £2 and those who want a card pay for the admin costs etc so as not to deprive the fund. As said £2 ain't a lot to one individual but £9k is nearly 5% of the TOTAL income roughly speaking.

If you state that you won't renew again unless you get a card, I would question your reasons for being a member. Is a £2 piece of plastic really a deal breaker as to whether you renew or not?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
80 cc

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:41 am
Posts: 17
stormbringer wrote:
From memory the costs are less than £2, but, times that by 4500 and we have the potential to spend up to £9k on plastic cards. Is this an acceptable use of funds? Let's wait for the feedback to see if a majority are in favour of the plastic cards and then we will carry out a detailed analysis of up to date costs and ask the members for approval/opinion. I'm sorry if I can't be more precise with costs but if we consider that it will be at least £1 and less than £2 we can at least estimate the potential spend for now.


So - you're saying that we can either spend £4500 or £9000 on cards and that's accurate enough to know if we want to do it.

Sorry - I don't think so. You are up to double out, which in every school of business I've been to has been unacceptable to make a decision on.

If you are going to state costs please make sure they are accurate otherwise the wrong decision will be made.

What about an app? I would guess most of us have smart phones, and the likes of BA, Ryan Air, etc manage to produce boarding passes that expire on a certain time and day, go compare has a cinema ticket app that does the same. Surely TRF can do something along these lines and incorporate say a news letter, or useful info etc into it?

I'm sure this will be shot down for my comments on costs - but I'm posting my view....

Tom


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
300 cc
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 pm
Posts: 570
I don't want an app and I'm sure I speak for every other member who wants a plastic card.

People want a tangible asset they can use to prove they are a member. and that aint an app.

People, plod, shop keepers etc trust a nice plastic card as proof. A diy printed one, a peel off flimsy paper one or an app just doesn't cut it, carry as much clout or respect, as the real deal.

£46 carded member, £45 uncarded or appy membership. job done.

Btw whos gonna pay the £5k to develop this app and software??????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 am 
Offline
300 cc
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 pm
Posts: 570
johnnyboxer wrote:
that's a card cost of £2250 from a revenue income of £202,500, less than 0.01% of turnover from membership revenue

Happy to be corrected







£2250 is 1.111% of £202500, you forgot to multiply by 100 to get the percentage from the decimal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 am 
Offline
125cc

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:53 am
Posts: 189
Yep, £2 extra for those that want a card sounds like a good idea to me...although the couple of dozen of us that use the forum is hardly going to be a representative of the whole TRF I suspect...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
400 cc

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:50 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: Yorkshire
smokinrider wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
that's a card cost of £2250 from a revenue income of £202,500, less than 0.01% of turnover from membership revenue

Happy to be corrected







£2250 is 1.111% of £202500, you forgot to multiply by 100 to get the percentage from the decimal.


As I said ......happy to be corrected

Still cheap though at 1% of £202500 renewal income from 4500 members

smokinrider wrote:
I requested the option at renewal for a new card and it was sent straight out no quibble. my card says member since. If I didn't renew next time then who would know I was still valid? My card would imply i was still a member.

If it's less than £2 have an option on renewal for sticker/card pack and a plain renewal, no sticker no card no £2 surcharge.

Those that aren't bothered can opt to save £2 and those who want a card pay for the admin costs etc so as not to deprive the fund. As said £2 ain't a lot to one individual but £9k is nearly 5% of the TOTAL income roughly speaking.

If you state that you won't renew again unless you get a card, I would question your reasons for being a member. Is a £2 piece of plastic really a deal breaker as to whether you renew or not?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I think you are slightly misleading readers about the true cost of the card

The whole membership renewal admin cost is £2/member for all the work involved

The plastic card is only about 50p of that £2 per member admin renewal cost - hence only £2250 cost to the trf and not the whole £9000 for the card alone

Doing away with the card has saved the TRF £2250 and not £9000

_________________
2003 Honda XR400R3
1996 Suzuki DR350SE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am 
Offline
650 cc Monster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 2439
Location: Romiley
Greetings,

Might I respectfully request that we leave the Directors to establish the proposed cost of producing such cards, say 10 calendar days.

Then we will know the correct figures for a future system. Perhaps they could work in a variable figure to provide only to those, like myself, who are prepared to pay a little extra for a card.

TTFN

Hugh.

_________________
Please note that I am not a National TRF Officer, any views expressed are my own and may not be in accordance with any official policy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline
80 cc

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 33
Location: Devon
Just to confirm to anyone unclear that plastic card will be printed and posted to anyone requesting it.

The original intention was to save thousands on laboriously printing cards that were never used.

I am sure the Membership Director would be pleased if you have any solutions to this that cost "pennies".

Mike - Sharon is looking at the peel off system as well. Thanks for mentioning it.

Finally - Pug although we are glad to see you have renewed, I am a little disappointed that you see the volunteers who give up so much time to running the TRF as "muppets". May I point you attention to the forum rules on defamation. I respect you view and as mentioned the directors especially the membership director is looking into this.

Mario Costa-Sa
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok sorry Mario for calling anyone a Muppet
But No card turning up in the post was the first I had heard of it and no box to click on the pay for your membership page.
All that had to be put in was a tick box do you want a card sent out yes/no and you would not have 3 pages an growing post on the subject and it gives the member the choice if they want the pound cost saved or they want a card.

Ps An yes Please I want a card for this year
Thank you

Martyn

_________________
Montesa 4Ride hybrid 1984 XR Pit Pony with cb 300 rs xl home built motor/ TTR 250 /1960 Harley Panhead


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!