TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:23 am 
650 cc Monster

Just to confirm to anyone unclear that plastic card will be printed and posted to anyone requesting it.

The original intention was to save thousands on laboriously printing cards that were never used.

I am sure the Membership Director would be pleased if you have any solutions to this that cost "pennies".

Mike - Sharon is looking at the peel off system as well. Thanks for mentioning it.

Finally - Pug although we are glad to see you have renewed, I am a little disappointed that you see the volunteers who give up so much time to running the TRF as "muppets". May I point you attention to the forum rules on defamation. I respect you view and as mentioned the directors especially the membership director is looking into this.

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

Post subject: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:57 am 
400 cc

smokinrider wrote:
A proper plastic credit card style card seems to be what everyone I've spoken with wants.
With an expiry date so people who don't renew can't continue using it and so traders can trust you are still a paid up member.

I liked my 2015-16 card with the map and row symbols on it.

If it means putting a quid or two on the membership fee I'm sure people won't complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes
Same here - everyone I have spoken and ridden with values the plastic card

If we are members we deserve a card

I am a member of 4 Trials Clubs and the ACU (I get a plastic photo card for that for my £10 annual joining fee) and I have cards for each club

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:11 am 
650 cc Monster

I would vote for the thin printed peel off card if they are going to be issued as it would be part of the overall document.
Too much thick plastic just gets to be a pain and it only has to last a year. If they are £1 a time, I'm not so sure about their value.

In the current climate, having a decent dated card is likely to be invaluable if accosted.

That said, in the interests of economy, a printable sheet we could do ourselves with name, number and expiry date would probably serve most of us.
One quick print at home and there we are.
How wet do our wallets get in the course of a year anyway?

I am less stressed about the bike sticker but it does show to a passing observer that a membership is current.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:12 am 
650 cc Monster

I have moderated and removed a post which I feel is clearly not in the interest of the TRF.

I will lock this thread for 24 hrs to allow some a bit of time to wind their neck in and think about their comments and the best way to achieve their aims..

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:18 pm 
125cc

In view of the comments on this thread we have put in place a plan to consult the group chairs and gain their feedback. As soon as we receive this we will update all members accordingly. Please feel free to make constuctive comments on the subject. Just as a note please bear in mind the cost of plastic cards and the associated costs to send these to all 4500 + members? If the feedback is that the costs are acceptable to members then i'm sure there would be no issue with reinstating them.

www.lvtrf.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 pm 
125cc

What are the costs ?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:02 pm 
400 cc

stormbringer wrote:
In view of the comments on this thread we have put in place a plan to consult the group chairs and gain their feedback. As soon as we receive this we will update all members accordingly. Please feel free to make constuctive comments on the subject.

Just as a note please bear in mind the cost of plastic cards and the associated costs to send these to all 4500 + members?

If the feedback is that the costs are acceptable to members then i'm sure there would be no issue with reinstating them.

Can we have the costs please?

I have been told that the membership admin renewal function, including plastic cards,letters,stickers and postage is about £2 of our £45 annual fee

A £2 cost is acceptable for the whole renewal function, in my eyes but others may not see it that way

However as event organisers, a member providing an expiry dated card saves a lot of work checking who is eligible to ride or not

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:07 pm 
125cc

johnnyboxer wrote:
stormbringer wrote:
In view of the comments on this thread we have put in place a plan to consult the group chairs and gain their feedback. As soon as we receive this we will update all members accordingly. Please feel free to make constuctive comments on the subject.

Just as a note please bear in mind the cost of plastic cards and the associated costs to send these to all 4500 + members?

If the feedback is that the costs are acceptable to members then i'm sure there would be no issue with reinstating them.

Can we have the costs please?

I have been told that the membership admin renewal function, including plastic cards,letters,stickers and postage is about £2 of our £45 annual fee

A £2 cost is acceptable for the whole renewal function, in my eyes but others may not see it that way

However as event organisers, a member providing an expiry dated card saves a lot of work checking who is eligible to ride or not

Agreed, a couple of quid is ok by me...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:20 pm 
125cc

From memory the costs are less than £2, but, times that by 4500 and we have the potential to spend up to £9k on plastic cards. Is this an acceptable use of funds? Let's wait for the feedback to see if a majority are in favour of the plastic cards and then we will carry out a detailed analysis of up to date costs and ask the members for approval/opinion. I'm sorry if I can't be more precise with costs but if we consider that it will be at least £1 and less than £2 we can at least estimate the potential spend for now.

www.lvtrf.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:28 pm 
125cc

Personally I'm not worried either way about having a card but I do understand that some people would want them..but as you can just ask now and get one I can't see the problem..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next