TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:29 pm 
80 cc

Quote:
That is why I still believe most strongly that a national forum is essential to the future cohesiveness of the TRF.

100% with you David.

Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:19 am 
650 cc Monster

davidscott wrote:
Thanks Mario and I am pleased to read about the progress but may I make a couple of observations.

By calling them Group Chair Newsletters it implies to me and maybe any others that it is not for general consumption even though it is on the open forum and I haven't tended to read them but they are actually quite interesting. Maybe calling it a Members Bulletin or somesuch might widen the reading of it. It's not really the sort of stuff that might go in a future version of Trail either, I suspect.

Secondly, is not a lot of the content the sort of information that gets moderated out of the forum by the directors? An emailed version may be more secure?

Some subjects are of interest to the wider membership so keeping it to one member and one director seems over secretive at times.

The perceived negativity often comes from a frustration that getting out to everyone can be difficult. That is why I still believe most strongly that a national forum is essential to the future cohesiveness of the TRF.

Apologies if this some of the reasons have not been made clear to you.

The reason the they are called Group Chairs Newsletters is the information is targeted primarily at informing Group Chairs - an area we needed most to improve upon. It is not designed to be a members newsletter and the tone of writing would be inappropriate.

The GCN is emailed out some 200 TRF Group Chairs and Group Officers each month and in the interests of transparency released on the forum a month later for all members to view. If you have any concerns on security -please inform directors@ with details and we will look into it.

It is clearly not in the interests of Directors to have to waste their personal time on moderating the forum so any moderation is only done by a director when needed

Articles of interest to members within the GCN are highlighted /colour coded for distribution. I can see this information distributed as intended in many on the local group letters eg Norfolk - that are sent to me.

You will see our plans for National Distribution of information - Trail Magazine- to members in this month's GCN. You can choose to discuss this with your Group Chair this month or wait a few weeks and see it in the open published copy at the end of the month.

The reason for the months delay is for Group Chairs - and Officers, time to digest information and ask questions before receiving questions from members at group meetings. We will be taking further steps to give groups access to information in the future.

I also would agree 100% with your aims of the National Forum. The campaign of negativity on the forum and dissent against TRF volunteers seems to have had an adverse affect to the forum compared with the generally positive feel to the National FB closed user group where more of the TRF come together.

I trust we can work to change behaviors when the new forum is launched to the benefit of Trail Riders and the TRF.

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10