TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: new bike
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:28 pm 
650 cc Monster

this is interesting

http://www.classictrial.co.uk/project200.html

Makes it plain that a stock TLR is 'dual-purpose' trails/trials.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:41 pm 
125cc

Richard Simpson wrote:
Bear in mind that in the era that the TLR and its twin-shock predecessors were designed, a trial wasn't an anti-gravity zone in a quarry where people balanced at a standstill for hours at a time...it was sections of mostly natural terrain, linked by country roads and green lanes.

Yup,...........and as such it was open to all abilities, (although on my KT I always seemed to still fall off.... :lol: )

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 pm 
400 cc

Richard Simpson wrote:
this is interesting

http://www.classictrial.co.uk/project200.html

Makes it plain that a stock TLR is 'dual-purpose' trails/trials.

Most certainly ain't no Observed Trials bike without serious mods to frame/headstock and footpeg position

TLR200 is more trail than trials

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 pm 
80 cc

johnnyboxer wrote:
Sent you a PM, CC ;)

sent me a pm ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:35 pm 
80 cc

andysp wrote:
charliegn wrote:
After using a gn250 bodge job job for the last half a year (with good results) i decided to get something a bit more suitable, or is it ?
1984 TLR200............ Discuss

Did you post a vid on youtube of riding the marsh lane on your GN ? a while ago.

(assuming your East Sussex based, if indeed it was you. :) .........always good to see different types of bikes on byways,)

Andy

no not me, i am in north east

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:41 pm 
80 cc

thanks for all the comments, i agree the seat may not be the most comfy, the gearing is standard 13/44 so should be fine around the roads i will use, in Durham and Northumberland, i have seen reference to `ceet` seats in the usa and in pictures they appear to be more substantial, i will give it a go and if i don`t like it i will try for a swap for a serow or djebel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:13 am 
80 cc

Richard Simpson wrote:
Bear in mind that in the era that the TLR and its twin-shock predecessors were designed, a trial wasn't an anti-gravity zone in a quarry where people balanced at a standstill for hours at a time...it was sections of mostly natural terrain, linked by country roads and green lanes.

More to trials riding than doing pogo demos at NEC type arenas, came across one the other week 90+ miles using roads and open country between sections,which were tough. I've seen trials riders use enduros as warm ups for the more serious events like the Scottish six days where they do 100+ each day and can do 30 miles over moorland between sections,on a bike with no seat!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:15 pm 
400 cc

sum1964 wrote:
Richard Simpson wrote:

More to trials riding than doing pogo demos at NEC type arenas, came across one the other week 90+ miles using roads and open country between sections,which were tough. I've seen trials riders use enduros as warm ups for the more serious events like the Scottish six days where they do 100+ each day and can do 30 miles over moorland between sections,on a bike with no seat!!!!

Yep, during SSDT the bikes will cover 600 miles, during the week with no seat and can achieve speeds of 60mph on the road (when they're late on time)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2