TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Recommend a Jacket
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:19 pm 
80 cc

I've got 2 jackets, both very old, I use an MSR goretex jacket, with a fleece underneath, for winter riding, and a Sinisalo jacket for summer riding.

The Sinisalo jacket - probably over 15 years old - is showing signs of splitting at the seams - has built-in shoulder & elbow armour - and I'm looking to replace it.

My budget doesn't extend to Klim, I've been looking at the likes of Thor Phase on ebay, I'd say my budget is £100 to £150.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Post subject: Re: Recommend a Jacket
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:31 pm 
80 cc

Hi there,

I picked up a decent waterproof but breathable klim jacket on ebay for 100 pounds, its second hand but if you keep an eye out you can get good value for money.

I know its not exactly what you want but i hope it helps

Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
80 cc

thanks for the suggestion Dan, I'm open to secondhand stuff if it's in good nick, I'll set up a search on ebay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:06 pm 
80 cc

I've got a huge amount of faith in RST gear. I've got an RST Tractech Evo jacket which I bought a few years ago for £150 and has taken a massive amount of abuse and is till going strong. Great fit, and great protection, very comfortabke too. Lods of colours avialable or just plain black if you want. Can't go wrong if that's your budget.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:07 pm 
80 cc

Teabag_Terry wrote:
I've got a huge amount of faith in RST gear. I've got an RST Tractech Evo jacket which I bought a few years ago for £150 and has taken a massive amount of abuse and is till going strong. Great fit, and great protection, very comfortabke too. Lods of colours avialable or just plain black if you want. Can't go wrong if that's your budget.

thanks Terry, I see that J&S stock them and there are a couple of branches not too far from me, I'll go and take a look

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:47 pm 
80 cc

A mate of mine bought a full RST suit for greenlaning and off-roading, and hasn't looked back. You can get cheaper gear but IMHO you can't get better value than RST stuff. I've crashed in it, I know. I used to have real BKS leathers, before they were bought out by Frank Thomas, and they were the best kit I've ever owned but they cost an absolute fortune. RST gear is almost as good and a fraction of the price. Buy and forget.

Just make sure you get a back protector, if your jacket doesn't come with one, because they are worth every penny you can spend on them. It's amazing how many people will pull out on you and when your back hits the road you could easily be paralysed otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:42 am 
80 cc

Hi,
Not sure what size you are but I have a brand new Alpinestars Drystar jacket xxl and matching unused bottoms in xl if your interested the jacket still has all the tags. Send a pm if interested

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]