TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Perfect Day - trail riding in Central France
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:24 pm 
125cc

My son and I have just returned from 3 days riding the superb green roads of Central France. Not exactly new to green roading and living close to the wonders of Wales and all that it can offer, we were truly staggered by the sheer range, variety and beauty that an apparently forgotten part of France has to offer. In effect just about every footpath, bridleway, green road (by UK definitions) in France is rideable, and to cap it all the French fully support motorbikes and their riders. Indeed `off-roading' is extremely popular in that part of France - although you'd never know it, for we only saw one little old lady walking during our entire trip!

We were the guests of Tom and Julie Fitzsimons of Centre Trail (try Google for full details) at a beautifully restored and supremely comfortable French farmhouse not too far from Aubusson (famous for its lace making), an easy 6hrs from the Caen ferry. I was fortunate to win this trip at last year's Wessex Wanderer. And what a prize! Not only truly fantastic trails but we were royally looked after by both Tom and Julie. Nothing was too much trouble (despite my waffling and my son's KTM over-heating with regular monotony) and we revelled in the glorious informality and comfort of the family home. The on-site facilities include a highly secure garage, with workshop/tools, changing room, drying room, pressure washers, more than ample parking - and the nearest green road literally 20m from the front door. Talk about convenient!

So if you think you'd enjoy almost limitless green roads (I estimate that 98% of our riding was off-tarmac), just about every variety of green roads, spectacular views, supremely comfortable French living (but with accomplished and highly attuned English hosts), genuine French cuisine and fantastic facilities then I highly recommend that you give Centre Trail a look. I can guarantee a fantastic experience. Let's put it this way - we'll both be going back, hopefully in the Autumn. We can't wait.

Post subject: Re: A Perfect Day - trail riding in Central France
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:03 pm 
300 cc

Sounds great Tim

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:34 am 
400 cc

There are 5 of us from Hertfordshire going over in June, plus Alan H from the Manchester group and Ben from down south, not sure what group.

Got to say all the communication from Tom has been excellent.

Any pictures Tim?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:59 pm 
125cc

Yes Paul, good point. Let me sort some out and post them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]