TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New Bike
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:02 am 
80 cc

twister wrote:
Sorry guys I'm obviously not so good at the grammar. I bought the new Africa Twin in March and sold it in June as I never really bonded with it. lovely bike but I felt something went wrong with the r&d side as after a month the spokes were discoloured and looking really bad, the small drop at 0 mph broke the hand guard and twisted the forks and the tyres were seriously dodgy in the wet.
Also after 3k miles I expected the gearbox to smooth out but it was still clunky.
I think the most dangerous thing to do was to spend time wondering at the NEC today. £550 and still no off roader.

Sorry I missed AT in your post....wow....isn't it odd, I fell in love with the bike I rode. I'm sure dodgy spokes would be replaced under Honda warranty.

Still each to their own.

The BMW (is it 650 or 850) gets good all round reports too. I've never ridden one but been on runs where one has been ridden. Did most things my XR400 could do.

Have fun deciding.

S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:10 am 
650 cc Monster

HuskyJon wrote:
Joel wrote:
Robust...you are only as good as your last weld....

Haha i just checked and my last weld is still holding strong. Mind you i only did it 20mins ago :lol:

And how might your welding job be holding up??

RIGHTEOUSLY.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:01 pm 
300 cc

twister wrote:
I'm after a all rounder if it exists, looking to ride the B roads with the odd A road plus the lanes and the odd 100 mile run around, possibly the Taffy Dakar. I have looked at the SWM300, CCM450 Beta Xtrainer (nice) my bike history is mainly road orientated, Multistrada, 2016 AT for 2500 miles, (it just didn't feel right) currently a 1993 Cagiva W16 and a 2012 Versys 1k. do I need more than one bike?

I just cancelled an Africa twin and am going for a Husky 701 Enduro with an extra set of super moto wheels.

Apparently the new engine is smooth and vibe free at motorway speeds and higher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:55 pm 
50 cc

richgilb wrote:
twister wrote:
I'm after a all rounder if it exists, looking to ride the B roads with the odd A road plus the lanes and the odd 100 mile run around, possibly the Taffy Dakar. I have looked at the SWM300, CCM450 Beta Xtrainer (nice) my bike history is mainly road orientated, Multistrada, 2016 AT for 2500 miles, (it just didn't feel right) currently a 1993 Cagiva W16 and a 2012 Versys 1k. do I need more than one bike?

I just cancelled an Africa twin and am going for a Husky 701 Enduro with an extra set of super moto wheels.

Apparently the new engine is smooth and vibe free at motorway speeds and higher

That's weird, I just booked a test ride on a KTM690 enduro which I think is the sameish bike.
They are dropping the height for me and looking forward to it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2