TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3 BIKES STOLEN
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:04 pm 
400 cc

mike Irving wrote:
2 Yams wrote:
The low life scum were back again last night......did not get the bikes, but caused a lot of damage to garage.

What a dilemma.....I'm already practically uninsurable, premium now 3 times previous cost plus £750 excess......asking myself is it all worth while?

Rod

This really is bad news Rod and you have my deepest sympathies.

If you would like me to i can get one of my apprentices to manufacture for you some steel Guards or even a cage for you to lock your bikes in. I will usr it as a training project so there will be no cost to you. ( Exceot i will have to deliver it by van which will mean there is room for a bike and we will have to go out for a ride afterwards) then i can check that it works with Dirty bikes as well as clean ones. :D

Thanks for your very generous offer Mike, but having discussed my security with the police today, they seem to think the chains locks ground anchors disc alarms etc. etc. and the way they are being used could hardly be improved, just minor suggestions for improvement to garage door security [which they did not breach last night when just using bolt croppers] but might help if they come back with grinders etc.

Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:07 pm 
650 cc Monster

FFS Rod ! So sorry to hear this....get some poacher alarms,but don't use blanks...use rock salt....then offer vinegar as a dressing....absolute c****s !...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:17 pm 
650 cc Monster

2 Yams wrote:
mike Irving wrote:
2 Yams wrote:
The low life scum were back again last night......did not get the bikes, but caused a lot of damage to garage.

What a dilemma.....I'm already practically uninsurable, premium now 3 times previous cost plus £750 excess......asking myself is it all worth while?

Rod

This really is bad news Rod and you have my deepest sympathies.

If you would like me to i can get one of my apprentices to manufacture for you some steel Guards or even a cage for you to lock your bikes in. I will usr it as a training project so there will be no cost to you. ( Exceot i will have to deliver it by van which will mean there is room for a bike and we will have to go out for a ride afterwards) then i can check that it works with Dirty bikes as well as clean ones. :D

Thanks for your very generous offer Mike, but having discussed my security with the police today, they seem to think the chains locks ground anchors disc alarms etc. etc. and the way they are being used could hardly be improved, just minor suggestions for improvement to garage door security [which they did not breach last night when just using bolt croppers] but might help if they come back with grinders etc.

Cheers
Rod

send me a photograph of your garage door with some dimensions and i will ( if you want me to ) make a gate across it with a padlock cover that will prevent access by Bolt croppers and will need a very big grinder

Failing that i have an AK 47 that fires BB pellets in Automatic at 350f/per sec that sting like b^ggery.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:22 pm 
400 cc

2 Yams wrote:

Rod

Time to move them to a more secret and secure location, Rod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:34 pm 
125cc

johnnyboxer wrote:
2 Yams wrote:

Rod

I agree with you there Rod,then make a point of leaving garage door open when your at home, so passing eyes know there's nothing to nick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:58 pm 
400 cc

RAMILLER wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
2 Yams wrote:

Rod

I agree with you there Rod,then make a point of leaving garage door open when your at home, so passing eyes know there's nothing to nick

Best way, plus don't ride them to and from home, watching eyes are everywhere.................I use the Van more and more now

Let nobody know what you've got

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 pm 
400 cc

I have ridden one bike on one occasion only in 4 months, and came home in the dark and pissing it down, my other acquisition was delivered in a van.

The scrotes probably thought the insurance would have paid out for the last 3 bikes so just looked me up to see if I had replaced any. :(

Rod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:25 pm 
50 cc

Hi there,

Rod, from my own experience, having your bikes stolen is crappy and painful to say the least, let alone having the arseholes try a second time.

After reading this thread, you may be interested to know where your TT600RE ended up.

I've been into bikes, especially green laning and trials riding, my entire life. I bought the TT600RE from Copart as an insurance write-off, so when its ready, I can join my wife on the green lanes again (she has a little KLX125). The TT600RE was in a sorry state with no ignition barrel, missing wheels spacers, horribly (and soul destroyingly) painted black and the VIN ground off the frame (although the idiot low lifes left the VIN plate). We're in the process of trying to restore it to some of its former glory.

I googled the bike as I was keen to know some of its history and have always been begrudgingly curious as to where my stolen bikes ended up and therefore thought the original owner may be too.

I understand completely if you're not interested and would rather let sleeping dogs lie but if you are keen to get in touch, I would always be interested to hear about its history with you.

Kind Regards

Anthony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:56 pm 
650 cc Monster

Yeah f**k all that 'off site' stuff....the game is on,you just have to make them give up,unfortunately...they will,they are dicks.THey have been for my bike twice...I scored a hammer last time....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:32 am 
125cc

Sorry to hear Rod.

Absolute SCUM!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next