TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3 BIKES STOLEN
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:57 pm 
650 cc Monster

2 Yams wrote:
Finally.......paid out on all the bikes, so thanks for every ones help and kind words.

I have learned a lot from this unfortunate experience, mainly to read the small print and thick policy booklet to know of the conditions and exclusion clauses. I would advise familiarising yourself with your own policy exclusions, one of mine was, if a DISC LOCK AND STEERING LOCK were not put on my bike whilst I went to pay for petrol........my bike would not be covered if stolen :o

The two insurance companies could not have been more different, my Beta insurance [2 month old bike] paid out within 2 weeks, the insurance company for 2 twelve year old Yamaha's [been with them a lot of years] have only just paid out after 3 months and a lot.............difficulties. :(

The Beta was never seen or recovered to my knowledge, both Yams recovered [written of] one hit a car but no one apprehended........what a sad state of affairs.

Cheers

Rod Jackson

Glad its all over for you now Rod.......what have bought as a replacement? Or have i missed this somewhere :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:12 pm 
400 cc

Cheers Mike,
I replaced the Beta Xtrainer with another one, with the right mods it suits me and gives me more confidence :D

Rod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:27 pm 
650 cc Monster

I know someone who has two...praise indeed....All the best Rodfather...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:42 pm 
125cc

Without going back through the pages, What were these 2 insurance companies? that paid out for Beta and yamaha's?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:52 pm 
400 cc

Chris123321 wrote:
Without going back through the pages, What were these 2 insurance companies? that paid out for Beta and yamaha's?

I have not mentioned the companies names Chris, I would rather just make people aware of the general pitfalls to look out for when taking out insurance, as some companies may exploit these clauses to get out of paying. I know I did not read through my 30+ page policy booklet.....have you guys?

Rod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:38 pm 
200 cc

Glad to hear you finally got paid out Rod.
All the best for 2017 mate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:02 am 
400 cc

The low life scum were back again last night......did not get the bikes, but caused a lot of damage to garage.

What a dilemma.....I'm already practically uninsurable, premium now 3 times previous cost plus £750 excess......asking myself is it all worth while?

Rod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 am 
650 cc Monster

2 Yams wrote:
The low life scum were back again last night......did not get the bikes, but caused a lot of damage to garage.

What a dilemma.....I'm already practically uninsurable, premium now 3 times previous cost plus £750 excess......asking myself is it all worth while?

Rod

This really is bad news Rod and you have my deepest sympathies.

If you would like me to i can get one of my apprentices to manufacture for you some steel Guards or even a cage for you to lock your bikes in. I will usr it as a training project so there will be no cost to you. ( Exceot i will have to deliver it by van which will mean there is room for a bike and we will have to go out for a ride afterwards) then i can check that it works with Dirty bikes as well as clean ones. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 pm 
200 cc

Bloomin heck Rod , sorry to hear your news just as you got back on your feet . I am sure you are doing the best you can to make things secure ,i am afraid it is just a reflection of modern times and morals . Back in the day as far as i am aware no self respecting motorcyclist would think of stealing another persons bike ,we were all motorcyclists ,a bit of a loose group with core ideals .These low lives are just thieves who chose to steal bikes , not motorcyclists ,just A holes .
Someone tried getting in my spot the other day ,probably just kids as the tools they brought for the job were a bit toy town .But more locks and chains on bikes now .
Chin up Rod .............Julian ....E Yorks TRF :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:11 pm 
650 cc Monster

2 Yams wrote:

Rod

The met police has at last realised that a motorcycle theft is usually just the start of a sequence of other crimes ... some of which can result in injury or death to innocent parties. Rod saw his bikes being ridden recklessly and illegally...an injury or death could have resulted.

https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/news ... crime.aspx

Other forces still seem to regard it as just an insurance matter.

But post a nasty remark on twitter, and the police are round in no time.

Repeated theft is one of the reasons that people give up motorcycling.

If it happened to me, I think I might take up another hobby...clay pigeon shooting has a certain appeal. Take the lead shot out of the cartridges, replace with rock salt and blaze away!

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next