TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Enduro Helmet Advice
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:25 pm 
80 cc

Many videos and pics I look at of trail riding the majority of people appear to wear what looks like a MX helmet with goggles, most helmets I look at of this genre don't seem to be road legal, can anyone point me in the direction of a selection of trail helmets that are road legal, don't really want to pay much more than £200 and certainly don't want to use my arai x4 if I can help it.

Post subject: Re: Enduro Helmet Advice
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:32 pm 
125cc

Hello Dave ,given me £200 quid and I will supply you with a brain bucket ,you worry too much mate . hope you get sorted and ride safe.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:16 pm 
200 cc

Blooming heck Dave ! most of us lads up north are lucky to pay £ 50 for a lid , i have picked up my last lid at one of the bike shows in our area ( Rufforth ) bit like a giant bike car boot sale ,brand new boxed and with the ACU gold stamp for about £35 quid, people may say cheap head in a cheap helmet but i have given mine some testing ,me versus dry stone walls ,me versus the road ,me versus trees ,you get the picture no problem . I also choose to ride in safety glasses rather than goggles ,although i do have plenty, just because i can`t be doing with them steaming up and trying to clean them while coverd in crap , price about £3 if you fancy the posh ones . crap weather protection in the rain though,you get your face shot blasted ! Other stuff to consider ,in fact essential ,Boots ,enduro boots have decent treaded soles not smoothe soles ,body armour ,shin guards or now more popular knee braces , padded under shorts ,the list is endless ,plenty of ideas for pressies .also from enjoying life to the full i am getting a little batterd round the edges so i use the lot .Bloody hot on a good day though . Enjoy ! Julian :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:27 am 
80 cc

Ha ha ha I'm an all the gear no idea kinda guy it seems! So I guess revising my question I should ask what does a helmet need to be suitable for the road, there must be a stamp of sorts it needs? Or am I still worrying to much :-S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:53 am 
300 cc

The vast majority of helmets on sale will be road legal. Some may not be legal for racing.
I use Wulfsport - they do MX helmets with visors. Even one with flip down sun shade. Some say they are noisy bit I don't worry about it. There are a few others with integral visors. Most people I know use safety specs with a visor - visor down on the road, up on the trails. £50 - £100 will get you a pretty decent helmet, and if you scratch it, it's not a serious matter, just go out and buy another!

Sent from a little plastic block that's smarter than I am

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:16 am 
125cc

I started out with road kit, elbow and knee pads, old army boots and upgraded as time passed

http://www.youtube.com/senthx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:53 am 
80 cc

The biggest issue is chosing the colour or design for most people,as said the majority are legal now and you can spend what you what upto and in excess of £100's.. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:34 pm 
300 cc

To be road legal in the UK a helmet must comply with:

British Standard BS 6658:1985 and carry the BSI Kitemark
UNECE Regulation 22.05
a European Economic Area member standard offering at least the same safety and protection as BS 6658:1985, and carry a mark equivalent to the BSI Kitemark

The full item is here https://www.gov.uk/motorcycle-helmet-law

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk No Byways were harmed in the making of this blog!

2006 KTM 450 Rally
2011 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 Honda CB500X

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:07 pm 
650 cc Monster

Or, just buy a helmet...I got an oneal Sierra,with a visor and an inner sun visor... I like it , main thing is its black, which makes me look cool/threatening to the two people who I generally encounter on the average day out...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:21 pm 
300 cc

I have a Spada helmet that I use for trail riding very comfortable with visor and built in sun visor , and a must for me quick release chin strap, won't cost you an arm and leg either,I also wear a pair of mountain bike glasses so you have the choice of visor up or down when the going gets to hot or over grown

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next