TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: KTM 300 advice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:42 pm 
125cc

Wouldn't swap mine either, had various four strokes and just love how light / nimble it is, It came with an 11ltr oversized tank which allows me to fuel when everyone else does. One member tried it and said 'it's like a mountain bike with an engine'!

Yes you need to carry a 100 mil of oil for your pm stop but it's hardly any bother. Re maintenance, as previously said, gearbox oil n piston when due. If I were to fall off crossing a river I would rather be on a two stroke, than face a very expensive bill for an engine rebuild on a four!

My brother has recently bought the Beta 300 2 stroke, have only ridden it around the block, but what a cracking bit of kit, auto lube, low seat height and light! I now want one........ :o

And you can adjust the power valve using just an allen key, no springs to change - Nice! ;)

Post subject: Re: KTM 300 advice
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:29 am 
300 cc

ok so mine the white ktm 300 called a Husqvarna! however its the same bike

175 hours and 6000 miles on piston 1. only the rings worn to max wear limit. riding includes 14, 2 day rallys, 1, 3 day rally and 1, 1 day rally and the rest of the miles are all on the trail or getting to the trails.

gear box oil changed regularly say every 2 full days riding, same with the air filter. plug every 6 mths or so.

usual niggle that the starter Bendix failed at 4500 miles (£60ish)
other than that 2 sets of rear pads 1 set of wheel bearings, a set of fork seals which blew I think due to being ratched down in the van,
and several sets of tyres.

its a proper bike, tons of grunt low and tons of zing up high, you can ride it either end of the rev range or anywhere inbetween without it grumbling.

hard pv sping if you want it a bit tamer and a bit more lazy to rev up, other than that its 50:1 motrex and 97 or 98 ron fuel for hours and miles of smiles!!!

4 strokes now adays are a no no as theyre too fragile, complicated and cost a bomb if you have an engine blow!

get one you ill love it and never look back!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2