TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Glasses
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:25 pm 
50 cc

Hi, As a relatively new member I was wondering what other spec wearing members do in the rain. On the Sunday at the Taffy I ended up taking my specs off and spoke to another rider who had to do the same. I wear an open face with a built in visor and flip down shades (a Nolan N40) and rarely have any issues with it on the road including commuting through the winter. On the trails in the wet it seems to mist up despite a pinlock system and rain gets on the inside then I get rain on my specs and I might as well get a white stick out as I can't see a bloody thing. Any solutions?
Thanks Jak

Post subject: Re: Glasses
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:29 am 

Disposable contacts.

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

I use a pair of Oakley motocross goggles which have a purpose shaped side piece in the foam for the arms of your glasses, your local dealer should be able to get them for you.

I also use a Quick Strap for clipping the goggles to the helmet rather than a continuous band as supplied with the googles.

Try to condition yourself to breath through your nose and not your mouth :shock: sounds daft my saying I know but it makes a difference :D

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:23 am 
300 cc

Normal motorcycle anti fog spray,

Specsavers perscription wrap around sun glasses, unbreakable, anti scratch lens, try selectspecs Oakley OO9238 FIVES SQUARED
http://www.selectspecs.com/sunglasses/o ... 22.39.html

Oakley sun glasses with perscription lens, for about £100...

I usually wear full face helmet with quick strap goggles for bramble covered lanes but wear mountain bike/shooting safety glasses with a yellow tint (also use for shooting) and you can get a good set with three sets of different colour visors for under £30. Ideal in the rain and they dont usually mist up as I coat them with the antifog spray.

I also have a pair of goggle glasses that come with either a strap like normal goggles or with arms like normal glasses. These seal around the edges of the frame with foam. Got mine a while ago from Amazon.co.uk for £15 and I take them when it's hot and dry to stop getting dusty eyes.

Also try searching for perscription motorcycle glasses, plenty about for about £100-£150

If you already need perscription glasses then paying for a pair of sport glasses with perscription lens is no real hassle. I was amazed at the good deal from Select specs for the perscription Oakly glasses though... Ive used them for a few years now for road and trail riding and even jet skis. Anti scratch works well but I'm extra careful if I get mud on them and rince off with the camel pack water before wiping.

With the air circulating when riding they dont mist up and rain runs straight off them..actually better than full goggles.

If I get stuck on a hot and humid day and have to haul/push the bike out they will get condensation on the inside after 5 mins of struggle and swearing...as would any goggles or glasses.. but it clears quicker than goggles do.

Personal choice mind.. strap on goggles fit over them without pushing them into my face and I can quick strap them off again when the brambles or dusty section is past..

2005 KTM 525MXC (34,000 miles so far)
2005 KTM 250EXC (11,500 miles so far)
BMW R100 awaiting time to convert to 1980's HPN GS PD Replica.
All useful parts wanted ;)
Need :USD DRZ E front end complete & GS petrol tank.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:54 pm 
80 cc

I use a pair of goggles supposedly vented enough to help prevent glasses steaming up. They work pretty well despite me having had them for several years now, although during heavy rain and exertion on my part (i.e. a tougher lane), my glasses and goggles do steam up.

A friend has bought these, and I'm waiting to give them a go when the conditions are right - someone else I spoke to who uses them swears by them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]