TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Diversity in the TRF!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:37 am 
80 cc

My policy is that if I have covered my costs with riders hiring bikes from us, then any TRF member is welcome to join the day free of charge by arrangement. Usually it will only be one TRF rider joining, but on occasion it could be two. Never more than that. This option does not apply to guiding days when everyone is on their own bikes.

The days we do with riders hiring bikes are mostly beginners or people who have been before coming back, and we NEVER do the most technical lanes, as our trail bikes are not suitable for Pontscethin, etc, type of going - and we don't want them trashed!

Also, if a day is too difficult for the rider, it is not enjoyable. The last thing we want to do is put people off, so we try to run the day at a level where they are pushed just a little beyond their comfort zone, but not so far that it is frightening. This level is different for every rider, so the routes we use are adapted as the day progresses. We are lucky that Mid Wales and South Snowdonia has lots of different options!

Obviously, the free days I offer are ideal for newbies who have already joined the TRF, or who are considering joining, who would like some tuition on techniques and general advice. As you ride a road bike how it comes from the dealer, it is not uncommon for new trail riders to be unaware of things like setting up your bike to suit you, e.g. higher bars (to enable good riding position), tyres other than original equipment, what spares to carry, etc. Also it is amazing how often people think that trail riding is by permission of the landowner and are unaware that you need to be road legal when you are off tarmac.

Marianne
Trail Rides Wales

Post subject: Re: Diversity in the TRF!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:47 pm 
80 cc

I must say that I have done 3 guided tours with Colin and Marriane over the years (10) and found them to be well worth the money . And let's face it the TRF in my experience don't have enough run leaders to keep everyone happy so why not use a paid guide , Some of our new members have come to the TRF ( Central Bristol) after doing a beginners day with Marriane . 3 in fact .. So all good ....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3