TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Yam WR250R UK
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:27 pm 
80 cc

Hi guys,

I'm new to this and was thinking of CRF250L or WR250R or DRZ400 etc. After a bike to use on the road and a bit of trail riding. I've tried looking for the WR250R which a lot of people seem to recommend but I can't seem to find any. Are they still sold in the UK ?

Cheers

Pete

Post subject: Re: Yam WR250R UK
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm 
125cc

First off welcome :D

All very good bikes. Are you looking to buy 2nd hand or new? As far as I know the drz was stopped in the UK in 2009. Where abouts are you from?

Cheers
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:37 pm 
80 cc

Nitew4tcher wrote:
First off welcome :D

All very good bikes. Are you looking to buy 2nd hand or new? As far as I know the drz was stopped in the UK in 2009. Where abouts are you from?

Cheers
Dan

Hiya Dan.. :) I'm from Streetly in the West Mids. I was going to buy new, I test rode a 2012 CRF250L on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Also tried the new Africa Twin (engine\exhaust sounds very nice) but came back enjoying the CRF more lol. Yeah I know the DRZ is now an old model and that would have to be second hand. Most things I've read seem to say to try the WR250R, i've had road for years and used to do a bit of motocross when I was younger had a YZ125 and a KX125.

Cheers

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 pm 
650 cc Monster

Big take up on the CRF in the TRF, would probably go for the DRZ though myself... More power innit.. And there's probably not a lot of difference re weight... I had the CRF 250x but was a bit focused for road riding...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:58 pm 
80 cc

Joel wrote:
Big take up on the CRF in the TRF, would probably go for the DRZ though myself... More power innit.. And there's probably not a lot of difference re weight... I had the CRF 250x but was a bit focused for road riding...

Yeah I enjoyed the CRF on the road.. I like the fact the CRF is fuel injected to. Never road a DRZ.. have to check out the power difference. had a few hondas in the past. hmm think I'll stick to the CRF :D

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

The Suzukis, or variant using the same engine e.g. Beta Alp 4.0, are great bikes but heavier and taller than the Honda I think. However, the Suzuki engines have so much torque, need hardly any maintenance, relatively cheap parts and seem to last for ever (I hope :roll: )

TTFN

Hugh.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]