TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where do you wash your bike ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:01 pm 
650 cc Monster

I jet wash my bike on the road outside my house - its a quiet cul-de-sac.
Jet wash all the muck into the gutter and then the next day or when its dry brush it up and put in the bin.
Job done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:36 am 
650 cc Monster

i didn't realise until quite recently that you were meant to wash them at all :roll:

I used to have a mate with a van hire company who when we returned from a trip i used to leave my bike in the back of his van it always came out clean when i picked it up next day. I have tried hiring the same van but when i open the doors on it next day the bike is still dirty :cry: Maybe i was doing something wrong :? Tried leaving the bike in overnight, tried throwing cleaner over it and slamming the door quick ;) Even bought the same bike as him but still nothing happens :evil:

I still have the same mate but he always drops the bike off now, in fact makes a point of doing so and it was only recently when he stopped going out with me unless my bike was clean i realised. :oops: but then if your best mate cannot tell you who can :D

Now (if i can), when i get back from a ride, straight down to the "polish" who take great pleasure from seeing me turn up, hosing me and the bike down and relieving me of a fiver for the pleasure, they even fight each other to be the one who gets to push it from jet wash area into the "wiping down area".

Progress hasn't stopped there. My man "trevor" got the works washing machine going last month and now even my kit is getting washed. So to all my old mates out there that always seem too busy to ride out with me, please come back.....i am better now :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:56 pm 
650 cc Monster

Location: great er manchester seeing the light through the pouring rain
I do mine in Joel's shed as he was concerned about the arid atmosphere making his bike non waterproof, a condition he understands to be common on the Cambridgeshire marshes :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:28 am 
650 cc Monster

mancchair wrote:
I do mine in Joel's shed as he was concerned about the arid atmosphere making his bike non waterproof, a condition he understands to be common on the Cambridgeshire marshes :lol:

Phew :o was worried there for a minute :? thought you said Acrid :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:36 am 
650 cc Monster

No 'Arkid'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:46 pm 
400 cc

Can I come down off the roof now ?

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:18 pm 
125cc

Gray you can come down for Sunday but please resume the position for bike washing after the ride.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:19 pm 
300 cc

When I was riding I liked to leave the mud on for a few days as it looked very manly.

Honda CRF250X (2005) gone
KTM 690 Enduro (2010) gone
Yamaha XT 225 Serow (1992) gone
Yamaha XT600E Ethiopia-South Africa-Ethiopia 1995-96, K428OMW- I'll buy it back if it's still out there!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:28 pm 
80 cc

hunter-gatherer wrote:
When I was riding I liked to leave the mud on for a few days as it looked very manly.

Very manly indeed ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:58 pm 
650 cc Monster

I've been taking my bikes and cars to the same Polish car washing outlet for years.

this morning after a 4 hour play in the mud i took it in as usual, same guy, same routine as dozens of times before only this time the paint has come off my exhaust and forks, the varnish has come of the aluminium and the bike looks a right mess. :o

Spoke with them and they just shrug their shoulders. ......look it does not damage the cars.

I suggested they check the mix but they were adamant that mix was correct. i asked for their insurance details............THEY ARN'T INSURED. they couldn't afford it. The bike is my 18 month old 690....ruined.

This is not a hole in the wall operation in a lay-by or something, they operate out of the back of a BP Garage in Bluntisham, Cambs.. I was all four of my cars there as well as all the bikes. SH!t

So to all you TRFer's........Think twice about using them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next