TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Garmin Montana 600
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:29 pm 
80 cc

It's directly connected to the plug socket.

No data cable. When I attach the cable it does switch on. Been on for an hour took out the cable...just doesn't want to turn on :P. Would have thought it would have a little charge by now :S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:48 am 
200 cc

Is the lithium battery in correctly, are there any shipping seals on contacts?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:05 am 
80 cc

yeah... it's installed correctly... there's only really one way to put it in anyway. Also I can see that it's making contact as there's slight marks on the actual metal battery connections.

I also updated the garmin via the garmin application that they supply (downloaded version) and each time I turn it on... it validates the update. :S Something just feels a bit off with it. Will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Don't really have the time to be running around like a lunatic.

Update - Turns out it was faulty. Ended up going to another gooutdoors store and this time I took the printed garmin details from the navi-technology.co.uk site. So I ended up getting a fully working garmin with full GB maps for £269.11. The last Gooutdoors didn't accept the deal from Navi as they thought it was funky, but print it off and bam. Alls good :D

Now how do I work the blummin thing lol.

Thanks AlwynMike ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:38 pm 
300 cc

alliasjay wrote:
yeah... it's installed correctly... there's only really one way to put it in anyway. Also I can see that it's making contact as there's slight marks on the actual metal battery connections.

I also updated the garmin via the garmin application that they supply (downloaded version) and each time I turn it on... it validates the update. :S Something just feels a bit off with it. Will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Don't really have the time to be running around like a lunatic.

Update - Turns out it was faulty. Ended up going to another gooutdoors store and this time I took the printed garmin details from the navi-technology.co.uk site. So I ended up getting a fully working garmin with full GB maps for £269.11. The last Gooutdoors didn't accept the deal from Navi as they thought it was funky, but print it off and bam. Alls good :D

Now how do I work the blummin thing lol.

Thanks AlwynMike ;)

Not a problem

You have to work the system!!

I just checked my battery, it will fit in 4 different ways - one one of which is the correct way!
Up to now, it's been on full brightness for 7 hours and still lots of life left.
After using Viewranger, the Garmin BaseCamp is a nightmare to use for a simpleton like me.
Also, recorded tracks seem to want to route themselves via a road (still set as a Track), so a 47 mile ride was logged at nearly 230 miles! So I can't use it to make a route - it's quicker for me to copy it and make it up from scratch
Technology

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:37 pm 
80 cc

Yeah basecamps not exactly google maps now is it :p

Trying to add a route just as an example and it decides it wants to take me through all the backstreets for some reason. Making a 10 min journey a 20 min journey.

Very intelligent :P... Hopefully it's not too much of a pain to actually set up properly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:28 pm 
200 cc

I don't know what you are doing, but you are doing something wrong on base camp.

To create a track you just click the icon at the top that is two feet. Then click click click along the track you want to go, it's simple and works. You might be using the route icon which won't work for trails etc.

Record works as well. On a ride, turn on record and it records the trail ride as a track.

On Garmin, tracks are what you need to use fur trail riding, not routes. Routes are car Sat nav A to B.

How that helps, trust me it works brilliantly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:11 pm 
80 cc

Kinda only loaded it up the once to have a look see... Will need to look into it a bit further to get an idea what's going on.

Hopefully it's straight forward enough :) Should be for the price ^^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:54 am 
80 cc

.....if anyone needs a sealed new set of genuine Garmin full UK OS 1:50K maps then drop me a PM as I have a set going spare for a reasonable price.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:07 pm 
50 cc

Can anyone tell me how the Montana is when going abroad?
I'd like to use one off road in France, Spain, or even Kazakhstan.

How would I get hold of maps for EU countries without taking out a mortgage for Garmin??!

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 pm 
125cc

Anyone used OSM mapping on their Montana?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next