TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi everyone...a question
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 pm 
50 cc

Hi I'm new on here but have followed the forum for a while now and thought it was about time I joined. :D
I will be joining the TRF when I get my bike back (wr450f) as having 3rd and 5th gears replaced (a common problem i have heard).
When you are a member of the TRF is there arranged rides out etc? I have been out a few times on my own (stupid i know) off road on a few legal routes that i know of and thouroghly enjoyed it but would much prefer to go out with a group and meet others who ride and get more into the sport.

Also I am trying to get my friend who i used to ride road bikes with interested, he currently rides an XT660. I am trying to persuade him to get a lighter, smaller off road bike, anyone have any suggestions? 2 or 4 stroke, cheap to maintain and buy say £2000 max?

I look forward to joining up and getting out for a ride with some of you,

thanks in advance, chris

Post subject: Re: Hi everyone...a question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:37 am 
80 cc

Hi How about a xr 250 :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:55 am 
125cc

hi chris

the northumbria trf will probably be your best bet. the trf does arrange a ride every month but they can fill up quickly sometimes. the dates are on the northumbria website but the best way to find out what is going on is to go along to the monthly meeting and speak to the members. lads generally arrange stuff between themselves so there is usually always something going on.

i recently joined the northumbria trf so most likely will meet you at some point

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:10 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for the quick replies, the shop rang me today to inform me of the £500 bill coming my way :cry: so should have the bike back next week sometime.

XR250's look the part, how do they compare to a KDX220? Theres a tidy one going on ebay at the moment we might be going to see on sunday.

I will have a look at the northumbria website and see whats happening.

So you say there is a meeting once every month, the other 3 weeks do people just meet up and ride? Do you get access to maps or info on where to ride legally etc? sorry for all the questions just i cant wait to get back out on the bike! lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm 
300 cc

hello chris
I'm a member of the northumbria trf and live in newcastle,and like elbows says the best thing to do is join up and get along to a meeting.there are groups of lads out every weekend,both saturday and sunday,so you should get sorted.

mick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:24 pm 
50 cc

Nice 1, like i say cant wait to get back out :D
thanks again

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 pm 
300 cc

Hi chris check out forthcoming rides in the members area Teeside and north yorks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]