TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: DRZ sm any good off road
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 pm 
200 cc

Hi, I've got a DRZ400 sm and was thinking off getting some off road wheels,
but having seen yours I will just get some new tyres.
What size tyres are you using? and what make.
Cheers Duncan

Post subject: Re: DRZ sm any good of road
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:30 pm 
125cc

Paul13 wrote:
I have a friend who is giving up green landing he is going to sell is drz 400. Only looking for £1800. Mot, tax new tyres and mousses fitted, new brakes,

He has got the bike fully ready to go green landing and has now decided it is not for him ;) Nothing more than that. He is near Watford, owns a van so could deliver. Pop up an email address and I can get him to send over pictures. It's a yellow bike

What a pussy! I cannot relate to that at all. Ever since I was little I have wanted to do off road motorbiking, having to make do with off road cycling until then! I guess he was someone who didn't have the passion there in the first place, to him it was just another "hobby", like stamp collecting :roll:

KentWR wrote:
Nothing wrong with a Supermoto on the Byways. I used to do ride outs which involved a nice ride around the twisty and then byways,

Most lanes in Kent can be ridden on a supermoto. I have ridden them all on my old supermoto oh and surrey.

Indeed. This summer if the lanes dry out sufficiently I will consider leaving my supermoto setup on for laning. The only danger is water filled ruts that you don't know how deep they are, a 21" front will get over nearly anything whereas a 17" front will have a tendancy to catapult you if the obstruction is big enough :shock: But when the lanes dry out and you can see the obstructions I reckon a sumo setup will be fine for 9/10 of them and it makes the roads more fun as well!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2