TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350 lc4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 pm 
650 cc Monster

Took the bike out for it's first TRF run this morning.

It was just a morning affair until 13:30.

Very pleased with the bike. More "chuckable" on the trails than the 690 enduro. Painfull on tarmac though - will opt for 690 for longer runs.

Few niggles became apparent:

1: When soaking wet the kill switch becomes live and electrocutes rider.

2: Despite being repacked and complete the exhaust is too loud/throaty for my liking.

3: I replaced the airbox cover which was missing when I bought the bike. Bike now splutters at wide open throttle/high revs.

4: Gearing is too low for trail use. Needs raising to cope with roadwork inbetween trails.

5: As a rough guide the MPG is roughly half that of the 690. It's a very thirsty 350.

6: I need a reliable speedo with a temp gauge.

7: Indicators would be usefull.

8: So would some mirrors.

9: Worn footpegs aren't good.

10: Will need a bashplate.

Bit more work to be done on the bike then! Part of the fun of owning an older machine.

I'm fairly new to biking and this is the first enduro bike I've had. Aside from the 690 I've owned aprilia tuaregs (125,350 and 600's) and Yamaha xt350's (fragile). I'm amazed at how capable it is on the dirt. There's also very good spares availability both new and secondhand. Ktm's backup is by far the best. Aprilia's was reasonable and Yamaha's was dreadfull.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:30 pm 
125cc

Those bars look strangely low - what's it like whenb standing up? Do you have to lean at all?

I would personally stick some bar risers on it :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 pm 
650 cc Monster

Jamessd wrote:
Those bars look strangely low - what's it like whenb standing up? Do you have to lean at all?

I would personally stick some bar risers on it :)

Those are the pics of the bike as it was advertised. One of the first things I did was sort the bars. I added risers and fitted some fatbars, new grips and a pair of barkbusters I had sitting in the garage. Riding position much improved! The bars still feel a little low. As mentioned the pegs are worn - toying with idea of taking 10mm off them then reteething them to give me more room.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2