TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Coast to Coast
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:40 pm 
300 cc

Yes it is possible, couple of companies around.

Last edited by Skunkyd on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:36 pm 
125cc

den1a@hotmail.com wrote:
did it take you all in all?

When we did the C2C we set off from Scarborough around 9am, stopped in Hawes at around 5 ish, and then did about 6 hours on the second day to give us time to get back home.

Rich

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:37 pm 
80 cc

rich1960 wrote:
den1a@hotmail.com wrote:

When we did the C2C we set off from Scarborough around 9am, stopped in Hawes at around 5 ish, and then did about 6 hours on the second day to give us time to get back home.

Rich

I'd be interested in having a bit more of a chat with you about this... possibly even jump onto your trip in May if there's space... We've just been discussing getting it planned in but going off and doing each 'stage' individually so that we can piece it together properly for the full trip.

When you say you did 6 hours on the second day, do you mean it took you 6 hours to get from Hawes into Morecambe and then back to Scarborough? Seems like good going for a days riding.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:11 pm 
125cc

den1a@hotmail.com wrote:
rich1960 wrote:
den1a@hotmail.com wrote:

Rich

I'd be interested in having a bit more of a chat with you about this... possibly even jump onto your trip in May if there's space... We've just been discussing getting it planned in but going off and doing each 'stage' individually so that we can piece it together properly for the full trip.

When you say you did 6 hours on the second day, do you mean it took you 6 hours to get from Hawes into Morecambe and then back to Scarborough? Seems like good going for a days riding.

No, 6 hours to Morcambe and then the rest of the day to get back home (Bradford) using car/trailer.

When I get the May trip organised you're welcome to join if there's space. I'd be happy to chat through my routes, I have my original route (circa 2006) on Memorymap to use as a base, I can send you it if you want, but it would need a fair bit of modifying.

You can get my details off www.wytrf.org.uk if you want to get in touch.

Regards
Rich (Hirst)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:03 pm 
80 cc

Ah right... so did you ride Scarborough to Morcambe, then back to Hawes for the night - then from Hawes back to Scarborough? ......

I use memory map if you don't mind sending me your route from 2006... my email address is my username. Let me know about your run in May if you don't mind. There'll probably be a few of us though so it may become too crowded.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2