TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Wales
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:48 pm 
650 cc Monster

I’ve just found out that the Welsh Regional Government is proposing removing the requirement for local authorities and Government ministries to advertise Traffic Regulation Orders in the local press.
This has very obvious consequences for us: the first we may know of a TRO is when the big red and white signs go up.
Can I ask everyone who goes riding in Wales to register their objection to this.

http://wales.gov.uk/consultations/trans ... =1&lang=en

Just say you object because it will make it more difficult for you to enjoy your hobby of riding legal motorcycles on legal carriageways.

You only have until Feb 29, so please do it now. And spread the word.

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Wales
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:22 pm 
400 cc

Done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:44 pm 
125cc

Ditto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:36 pm 
650 cc Monster

Here's what I wrote

Dear Mr Burnell,

I wish to object to the above proposal in the strongest possible terms.

Removal of this requirement is like to have a significant impact on my hobby of trail riding on motorcycles.

Unless TROs on minor roads and byways are properly advertised, many trail riders will not be aware of what is proposed, and be unable to put forward constructive suggestions as to how routes can be managed.

The net result will probably be a rise in irresponsible and illegal riding, together with access to the countryside being denied to responsible riders.

I am sure this is an unintended consequence of the reform, and that when the implications are realised it will be abandoned.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 pm 
650 cc Monster

As has been suggested before and recently mentioned again by Roger200 - would this be an ideal opportunity for ALL TRF members to be sent an emial from the National TRF asking individual members to object?

I assume there is a national contact list?
If so its a very easy task to forward an email.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:28 pm 
300 cc

Done.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am 
80 cc

Here's mine in case its useful

Quote:
Dear Mr Burnell,
I am writing to object to the proposed procedural changes for advertising road traffic regulation orders. We have seen a massive rise in the use of TROs, often used without following the proper guidance. If they are to be imposed without advertising interested groups do not have the opportunity to scrutinise due process, raise objections or indeed work alongside the authority in a constructive way to find other solutions such as free manpower for repairs, voluntary restraint etc.
Consequently this proposal is likely to lead to a great loss of amenity.

Please acknowledge this is an acceptable form of objection.

cheers
bxb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:34 am 
200 cc

I have just read the proposal and it seems that they are just trying to modernise the way that TRO's are advertised. Saying that notices in local papers are not seen as the most effective method of informing interested parties.
Perhaps a more relevant way for us would be that they e mail the TRFwith a proposed tro and it could be published in the TRO section of this site.
I do however understand that the vast majority of TRO's passed have no interest to trail riders and it would require someone to trawl through them.
I for one to not read through all the public notices and adverts in the back of local newspapers so would miss any notices advising of proposed TRO's anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:38 am 
650 cc Monster

I believe LARA + ACU is supposed to be a STATUTORY consultee for any proposed TRO's on BOAT's?

Trouble is this doesn't extend to ORPA's or ROW under claim.

A few have slipped past TRF in the SE - local press isn't an effective way of relaying info as it's not always read by those using the lanes. The requirement to post notices on the lane helps, but they have been known to be removed by those with anti MPV agenda.

I'm not convinced cutting costs by stopping ads in local press is such a bad idea, provided there's a STATUTORY requirement to inform interested parties (including TRF) by Email AND post.

The law pertaining to advertising in local press doesn't specify which local press - authority can pick any local press. Often this is the cheapest one with the lowest circulation.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 am 
650 cc Monster

Surely anything that reduces the cost of imposing a TRO has to be BAD?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next