TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Three weeks to save Chapelgate? Object now!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 pm 
650 cc Monster

This is just the thin end of the wedge everybody should put in an objection.

Could all group chairmen send out e-mails to there members or better still why can't our highly paid marketing/ publicity department send an e-mail to all members as a reminder.

By the way my objection sent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 pm 
300 cc

tonylacey wrote:
We ve had a really good response from the ABR forum 390 views 29 replies most having objected,would it be worth others coping it onto the likes of....TBM,KTM,GSers,maybe 4x4 forums ?

Already done onto LARF.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm 
125cc

Sent my objection and posted for assistance on the KTM forum ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:51 pm 
400 cc

It;s also already on TBM forum but please do spread the word as far and wide as possible because this about much more than just Chapel Gate!

The Peak District cannot be allowed to go the way the Yorkshire Dales did.

It is going to take lot more than just a load of objections to turn this situation around but this is certainly where it starts. I can see no real reason why every single trail rider in the UK would not want to object to this blatant discrimination.

If we cannot secure a fair and reasonable out come to this one then all the others are going to fall like dominos! Like I say, this really is about a lot more than just Chapel Gate (although even if it was just about Chapel Gate it would be worth the fight because it's a great lane).

Cheers

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:14 pm 
650 cc Monster

Richard,

Why not get Alot of vests printed up with some sort of slogan and swamp the peak district with legitimate trail riders So that every trail has small groups riding them considerately. Each group starting off at the same time but in a different place, all on exactly the same route.

I say legitimate .......what i mean is every bike and rider has to be absolutely squeaky clean otherwise it will backfire.

The slogan must be catchy and be backed up with a press release. It has to be a vest or tabbard so people can read it as we go by at speed upto 25mph.

You know the route/lanes and i would be happy to organise the logistics........

Regards

Mike

And Yes Mull we could also wear Hi Viz Armbands....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:23 pm 
400 cc

Well I do have something of a plan Mike and yes, you and Mull can come along wearing arm bands, high viz vest, your pants on your head or anything else that floats you boat but I'm not going to publicise it until after the objections date has passed.

Joking aside, there is only one thing that people need to do at the momment and that's object (and get their mates to do it too). What happens next can be discussed then (although thanks for the suggestion).

Anyway, this has to be the point at which this relentless attack on our legitimate rights get stopped in it's tracks or we may as well just give up.

I've said it before but there must be NO SURRENDER OF CHAPEL GATE!

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be prepared to compromise with other users where there's a legitimate need to do so but it does mean that we must never accept any out come where we are permanently excluded.

So, keep those objections coming. This is just the beggining.

Regards

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 pm 
650 cc Monster

One thing that gets me about this "experiment" is that a baseline for the goals PDNP is using as reason to TRO (whatever those criteria may be?) wasn't objectively recorded or made public?

It also occurs to me that amenity for other user groups wasn't taken into account.

MTB's have certainly lamented the loss of challenge of the old route.

Is an "experiment" defined in law? From the common interpretation of experiment this TRO falls way short of accepted definition.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:48 pm 
400 cc

Just reminding people that it's now more like two weeks to save Chapel Gate so if you haven't written/Emailed in to object yet please do before it's too late!

Surely everyone must care about the outcome of this one? The reprecussions will be very far reaching if we lose.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:00 pm 
300 cc

Just emailed in my objection:

Quote:
Dear Mr Rhodes

I am writing to register an objection to the permanent adoption of the experimental TRO for Chapel Gate on the basis that it is an amenity for all users and as a regular visitor to the Peak District and a 4x4 driver and trail motorcyclist, as well as being mountain biker and walker by restricting access to vehicles you will be imposing a serious loss amenity on me and others who share my chosen mode of recreation.

As a result of a leg injury I am currently unable to walk or cycle far, so currently rely on my 4x4 and my motorcycle to enjoy the countryside and The Peak District is the closest National Park to my home where I can enjoy these rights. Over the years I have visited Chapel Gate on several occasions, always as part of a larger tour of the area. To close this lane to me would significantly affect my enjoyment of the area not just take away my right to ride a Public Right of way, forming as it does a crucial part of the local vehicular rights of way network.

I am always careful to avoid damage to the lane, as I am to any other, following the respective codes of conduct of the Green Lane Association and the Trail Riders Fellowship as appropriate. Indeed I am particularly careful to avoid vehicular rights of way in excessively wet weather and would never contemplate driving/riding off the proscribed route. I consider myself a responsible user of vehicular rights of way as indeed you might expect as I am a member of the Local Access Forum here in Hertfordshire.

However I understand that Chapel Gate has been repaired and Derbyshire County Council have confirmed that "the repairs carried out were to byway standard and the surface is now suitable for use trail bikes and land rover type 4x4s" so can see no reason why this should not help to maintain the route in good condition with appropriate management and that to my mind does not include the imposition of a TRO, which is inappropriate. There are a range of measures available to the Authority, a blanket TRO being the most draconian and so should only be considered as a last resort.

As mentioned, over the years I have been a regular visitor to the Peak District and like to think that I contribute to the economy of the region. This I feel is true of many vehicle borne visitors in their purchases fuel, food and accommodation. Measures to restrict this type of visitor can only serve to impact on the local area, to a higher degree I would assume than the perceived impact of recreational motoring on intangibles such as tranquillity, ironically that being one of he reasons I enjoy driving/riding in the countryside in the first place.

Whilst I appreciate you are bound by legislation, the six month cap on objections is particularly cynical when the experimental TRO has been imposed for eighteen months, a period of six months would have been far more appropriate.

Yours Sincerely

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk No Byways were harmed in the making of this blog!

2006 KTM 450 Rally
2011 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 Honda CB500X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 am 
125cc

well mike your mass protest idea seems a good one after all look what the ramblers achieved with a mass trespass so surely a properly organised protest ride would bring our plight to the uninformed

:idea:
DONT WORRY

ITS A

ROAD
:?:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next