TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Notts map issues - venting...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:17 am 
80 cc

Im a bit cheesed off.

How hard do Notts CC want to make it to map a legal green lane route?

Notts website have this page for the definitive map: http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/plann ... -statement

This page has no map but they give you access to a physical one during office hours as well as two references:

1. The OS Maps which I have but cant guarantee if they are up to date
2. http://www.rowmaps.com - this website is useless (all it shows are blocks of colour on a map)

How hard do other CCs make getting this info!?

I have viewranger and have bought some maps and followed many others who have tracked routes so I shall just have a go whilst I wait for the next local meet up!

Post subject: Re: Notts map issues - venting...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:24 am 
300 cc

By all accounts, Herefordshire have a best in category integrated highways and ROW map :) but just over the border, Powys are equally as crap as Notts so it seems. For such a huge rural county you are expected to schlep down to llandrindod to look at hard copy defmap and if you are very lucky, find a tame engineer to let you log onto their computer system to look at the LOS...public access , my ar$e...... :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:05 am 
300 cc

All councils allow access to the definitive map statement. However not all have an on line version. Back in the day you took a few days off work, made an appointment with the council to view the map and sat down and copied it to your maps. Lots now have online maps so this is no longer necessary.

Bywaymaps dot com or row maps dot com are useless and not worth bothering with as is the osm maps available.

Ordinance survey maps are what you need and you need to go to a local trf meeting and speak to your local rights of way guy who should have maps available for you to copy from.

The councils definitive map statements either paper or online will not show you unclassified roads. Lots of counties green lanes are ucrs and not byways so you will need to get this info from the list of streets which is highways and not council rights of way. (Ucrs should show on up to date ordanance survey maps as orpas.

Welcome to the mine field of rights of ways!

Your local trf group is your best source of info unless you have weeks or months to duplicate all the work they no doubt have already done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 pm 
80 cc

Thanks both

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]