TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rambling/mountain biking is bad for your health
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:41 pm 
300 cc

News from the lake district mountain rescue that they are concerned by the fact that deaths and serious injuries have trebled in the last year on footpaths in their area,they also state that injuries to mountain bikers has also trebled in the same time frame.they state this is because both pastimes are becoming more popular and people being more adventurous.
I would expect to see similar figures for injuries in other walking/mountain biking areas in other parts of the country as more people are trying to get fit.
Now I'm sure you could all guess what would happen if similar figures were released regarding injuries to trailbike riders couldn't you?there would be a huge outcry and the few trails available to us would be closed at a stroke,do you think this will happen to footpaths and mountain bike trails??
Hypocritical Britain...surely not.
On a further note motorists are being asked to slow down on country roads in case they encounter horse riders,the funny thing was that the TV clip they showed was two horses riding side by side on a country road,now unless you drop the speed limit to thirty on country roads,if you come around a blind corner and come face to arse with two horses side by side there's going to be bother. and the same goes for cyclists riding two/three abreast on country roads while I'm at it,and the twats seldom move over to let you past either!!!!

Post subject: Re: Rambling/mountain biking is bad for your health
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:31 am 
300 cc

I have got nothing against horses or their riders in general, and living in Dorset I come across a fair few , but one thing that really does wind me up when you hear be cautious, considerate to horse riders , which is only sensible then you come across to old nags riding side by side holding all the traffic up chatting about all and everything oblivious to all around, until a car ,van Lorry, passes to close and then you become the aggressor :D :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]