TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello from returnee near Portsmouth
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:52 am 
50 cc

Hi all

I let my membership lapse a few years ago, when my 4 sons took up MX racing and I had no time to trail ride. They have all discovered girls/beer/nightclubs and we no longer spend our week-ends racing, so time for me to get out and about myself again. I'm even hoping my wife might get involved, and have bought a Serow for her (which I might take for the odd run out :D ).

I'm looking for a KTM EXC 200 myself, cos I fancy a 2 stroke , and am thinking the 200 might be a torquey and ultra light little thing, but will take advice on that. As well as trail riding I'll be doing the Ryedale Rally with some northern friends again this year (I'm originally from Bradford), and maybe the odd hare & hounds, so an EXC should work well.

Looking forward to getting out and about again, and hope to see some of you out there.

Cheers - Paul.

Post subject: Re: Hello from returnee near Portsmouth
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:24 pm 
125cc

Hi Paul,
I joined at the end of last year and ride a 200exc which in my opinion is a great little bike. I bought my first one in 2008 after doing a bit of twinshock motocross in the 90's. It's good allrounder and copes with most things, I use mine for local hare & hounds and trail riding. The Portsmouth M.C Racing Club (pmcrc.org) hold a monthly hare & hounds at Woodberry MotoPark near Emsworth from April to November. All the forthcoming event dates are on their website, it's a friendly club. If you go for a 200exc the post 2003 models have the 48mm forks and a tougher gearbox, they weigh a little over 100kg so easy(ier) to pick up or push when the going gets tough. The 9L tank means it's got a reasonable range on the road/lanes about 100 miles or about 3 hours for a hare & hounds depending on how hard you ride. Downsides are it can be a bit tiring on the road and a bit peeky on the trails but you can fit a fly wheel weight if you want to calm down the power delivery a bit. But whatever you buy it will be a compromise somewhere. I'm a Sussex member but regularly ride around Butser and Petersfield but since joining have met up with a very friendly group of guys from East Sussex and meet up with them for ride-outs.

Cheers, Mac

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]