TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: cr500 front fork issues
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am 
80 cc

gents

I have just joined and am busily getting my bike ready for my first rideout with the Essex TRF Sunday week. I am in the process of the rebuilding the front end however have a tech issue I was hoping someone could advise on. My Cr is a 97 model with the USD forks however I have stripped them and had the outer tubes re anodised, on rebuild I have noticed about 0.5 to 1 mm of play on both forks at full extension, on an off bike static test no oil leaking however once on the bike and under normal use the oil leaks out drastically rendering a dangerous situation.

I have ordered another set of new bushes however with the same results, there are no grooves or damage to the forks and i get a steady 46mm diameter from the top to bottom of the fork legs.

any ideas gents??
Dan :?: :?: :(

Post subject: Re: cr500 front fork issues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:10 pm 
80 cc

Have you replaced all FOUR bushes? There are bushes in both parts of the forks! Have they been re-assembled correctly? Have a look at this http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-p ... FORK-95_97 item 11 goes on the inner leg, item 10 on the outer.

Is a '97 CR500 going to make a good trail bike? especially as its your first time out! I hope you have a lot of experience in MX or Enduro and a decent silencer otherwise you may P155 a few people off.

Good luck anyway,
Colin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]