TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Great day out in Exmoor forest
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 pm 
50 cc

Special thanks to Somerset TRF for a well organized day out in Exmoor Forest. As a new member I was made welcome and had a great time. The conditions were tough for a new TRF member, and the requirement to use a rear trials tyre seemed like a cruel joke in the muddy uphills and downhills, but I survived and am still smiling! Didn't occur to me until after one loop to let some air out of the rear tyre but you live and learn! Friends and family think I'm a bit of a hero for taking up offroad biking again at 57 but think it's the best thing I've done in a long time. Looking forward to getting out with the Southern crew when time and opportunity align.

Post subject: Re: Great day out in Exmoor forest
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 pm 
200 cc

We're glad you enjoyed it Marco. If it makes you feel any better, the conditions were tough for the experienced guys as well ;)

Many of the sections that had been perfectly rideable on the previous day when setting up could not even be approached after the night of constant heavy rain preceding the event; even the main loop was extremely challenging in places.

Despite the conditions, we believe that the event was a big success and we have had a good deal of positive feedback from participants.

Thanks for your comments and we hope to see you back for further (and hopefully drier) events.

Cheers
Colin B
STRF Group Rep

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]