TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: HHT Planning weds 19April fownhope minutes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm 
300 cc

Dear All,

Some 16 of us gathered at The New Inn last night for a chat about our planned charity event (HHT) in Sep. A particular welcome to 2 new members of our fraternity, Lee Sims (fresh from moving up from Milton Keynes) and Pete Rayfield from far away Fownhope. Lee’s only weakness appears to be his preference for 2 strokes - something he’s caught off Gray I fear. Mind you I feel sorry for Pete, as he’s a neighbour of our petrol/oil swilling Chairman. But it could be worse - he could (try to) ride a Husky (with many apologies to Kelvin and Dano).

But enough of the waffle. Please find attached 2 docs - the updated Action Plan (AP) and Contact List.

In addition I would add the fol comments that fell out of last nights meeting:

• The event is coming together nicely but to ensure success it is vital that people (principal those nominated as Leads) let me know of any developments and/or issues/problems please. I can then let everyone else know what’s going on, and how it may impact upon the whole event and/or to seek help from other quarters. At the moment we only discover issues when we meet formally.
• So can everyone please read the AP and let me know of any problems, particularly if you can’t fulfil the commitment.
• We acknowledge that the crux to a successful event was two-fold: getting the infrastructure right and in place, and to confirm routes/Leaders asp. To that end:
o The AP highlights the missing elements and the new approaches that have been decided upon. Please see the AP for details. But there are still gaps in our capability.
o All leaders are scheduled to meet within the next 2 weeks to thrash through and hopefully/poss finalise the 2 routes we’ll be leading (one on Sat, shorter one on Sun). Dano is seeking a suitable venue with lots of tables and space (and quiet!) and he’ll let us know the details. Please do try to attend and help out with (a) your navigational skills and, crucially, (b) local knowledge of lanes.
• You all receive (I hope) a soft copy of the AP but Wayne has kindly agreed to print off a few extra hard copies when necessary.

• You may know from the WhatsApp thingy that a few of us went out on Easter Mon to recce a route under the expert guidance of Joe. During that ride we came upon 2 green rds that appear to be closed - or at least blocked. Nick D was asked to investigate and in extremely short order was able to tell us that both routes are perfectly legal and should be open. Gray volunteered to take photos (today) of said ‘obstructions’ and Nick D would fol this up with the council. For interest the offending lanes are:
o Lane 1: GR: SO19113 44869 (The Hom) to SO19793 44184, 3kms to WNW of Clyro and 4kms SE of Paincastle.
o Lane 2: GR: SO14698 42943 to SO16310 42733 e.g. green rd running due West/East, down reentrant. Just to N of Little Mountain, 8km W of Hay on Wye, 2kms S of The Begwns.

It is worthy of note that Nick D has established a rapport from the Powys Highways bloke who provided him in short order with details of the said green rds. Nick D is also seeking access to their on-line green rd database. But a cracking effort - and result, many thanks Nick.

Yours aye,

TimB

Post subject: Re: HHT Planning weds 19April fownhope minutes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 pm 
300 cc

Usual top quality Tim thanks for your thanks.
Gray has tried sending me a mobile pic today but cannot open on my old skool batphone.

Gray--- can you post on here please mate

Looking forward to the route planning meeting already have ideas to go north with the beginners and have 60km outward but need to add on a different return route and get a different route for the sunday.

Lets hope Dano can get the room at HUFC.

cheers,
DS650

PS if any members would like pdfs of my results with Powys for the above then PM me your email and I'll send 'em to ye.... You have to be a TRF member to PM though; I will not send out to non members - not being funny but just trying to keep our numbers buoyant. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 pm 
125cc

Thanks for your usual much needed support Nick, not just on posting the Minutes but also confirming the 2 green roads that we experienced difficulties with at our route recce on Easter Monday - cracking service and much appreciated.
Hopefully I'll be able to join you on your recce with Gray/Ryan - date awaited - but I'd remind you that I'm unemployable and therefore infinitely available!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:11 am 
400 cc

Thanks both and will be back to you with pics shortly.
Apart from all the usual banter,it was a productive meeting.
Plus you all had real life video footage of the benefits of a two stroke over a heavy four stroke. ;)
You know it makes sense.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:15 am 
300 cc

GrayHTRF wrote:
Thanks both and will be back to you with pics shortly.
Apart from all the usual banter,it was a productive meeting.
Plus you all had real life video footage of the benefits of a two stroke over a heavy four stroke. ;)
You know it makes sense.

Sorry Gray, don't understand your banter, was that the benefirts of four quad wheels over two bike wheels :?:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]