TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Improving the look of the TRF at shows and exhibitions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:28 pm 
650 cc Monster

TRF have transformed the way we present ourselves to the public on the web, social media & email.

We have new branding and clearer messages covering our organisation, our values and what we deliver to members and society .

We are now looking to extend that transformation to exhibitions and shows to include

Indoor Shows

• Motorcycle Live
• MCN Carole Nash London
• Motorcycle Expo

Outdoor shows

• County shows
• Outdoor Bike shows
• Equestrian events

In addition we are planning a TRF attendance at a major outdoor event in August.

Here is an example of a commercial vendor to give an idea of some professional outdoor displays.

https://www.aspectexhibitions.co.uk/outdoor-exhibition-stands/

If this is an area you feel you personally can get involved in the design or project management of our exhibition presence, please feel free to get in touch with your ideas.

Mario Costa-Sa
Director
marketing@trf.org.uk
07721 480000

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

Post subject: Re: Improving the look of the TRF at shows and exhibitions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:29 pm 
650 cc Monster

One thing that has always bugged me with events like these is distinguishing between stand members and Joe public. Visitors don't know who to talk to as we all look alike.
I haven't seen a stand since last year's Excel event and I knew at least two people on it anyway so this may be preaching to the converted.

Having branded tee shirts or polo shirts isn't remotely practical so maybe decent size badges that can be worn, maybe with a wipeable space for the persons name, and this would distinguish staff from visitors and should be inexpensive to produce and be mostly re-usable, for a certain length of time, anyway.
They could be generic 'TRF' logo'd so the complication of groups doesn't come into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:20 pm 
650 cc Monster

I don't see why those 'staffing' the stand shouldn't at least get given a TRF cap to wear.

Otherwise, I agree with David's point. It's not a question of making everyone look like a corporate clone, but it is about identifying yourself as a 'proper' person to talk to.

If there was sufficient interest, I could produce a simple guide (based on my time in motorcycle sales/shop management and as a graduate in Communication Studies – yeas, really - yawning emoticon with rolling eyes –) as to how to approach and engage members of the public at these events.

For instance, it's all too easy for a potential member to be put off by someone starting off with questions like "Are you a member? " or "What bike have you got?"

which should be saved for much later in the conversation.

It's even easy, if you've already dealt with a dozen people and it's still only 10.30 am, to forget to say "Hello" and smile.

If that sounds silly, imagine walking in to a motorcycle shop and having the guy point at a particular bike on the showroom floor and say..."Would you like to buy this one?"

Chances are, that even if you walked into the shop with the intention of doing just that, you'd say...."er, no thanks," and retreat to the door.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:43 pm 
300 cc

You can get pin on re-useable badges that your membership card slides into as used as name cards at trade shows etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:14 pm 
650 cc Monster

Don't bring up the membership cards again :shock: :shock: :shock:
Good idea though Bill...and Richard.
However, I look bad enough bare headed so, with a cap we're back to :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm 
125cc

I do agreee, when I was at motorcycle Live a couple of years ago a friend wanted to join and we weren't sure who was who...not saying full top to toe kit is needed but just some form of identification would be good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 am 
650 cc Monster

Thanks for your contributions.

I can confirm that the TRF stand volunteers are incentivised to buy and wear TRF items of their choice.

A recommended supplier for suggestions such as name badges would also be appreciated.

Richard - happy to discuss your point and this has a lot of use. A few year back we shared the John Cleese training film on this point.

What we are looking for as a priority is the overall look of the stand, to attract exhibition visitors to the stand in the first place without even speaking a word to them.

See here for some indoor examples http://www.nimlok.co.uk/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=exhibition_stands

This is in addition to the outdoor examples above.

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:20 am 
650 cc Monster

mario.costasa wrote:
I can confirm that the TRF stand volunteers are incentivised to buy and wear TRF items of their choice.

There lies the rub.
They are already volunteering, so, having to pay, even at a discounted price, isn't ideal IMHO.

A badge shows you are in some official capacity, a shirt means you have the same shirt as some of the visitors.
You see that at one make car and bike stands where half the visitors wear the tee shirt so you still don't know who is who.

If you buy the clear plastic ones, personal ones can be printed on paper, with the wearer's name on, for fractions of a penny and the cover bit can be used loads of times.
http://www.postofficeshop.co.uk/badges- ... e-8144-19/
At that price, each group could have their own supply for less than £30 for 100.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:16 am 
80 cc

I think Bill's suggestion is sound, we use something like this at work, the membership card clips in and if you wear on a lanyard, everyone looks the same and "official".
It wouldn't cost the earth to buy 20 say, and just keep them with the stand stuff for whenever needed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... =200893031

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:57 pm 
300 cc

Mario as an example lanyard with staff and plastic holder for your membership card nice because it has your name and TRF logo, Those volunteering could be sent a membership card if the do not have one of the new dateless cards. Or just get printed TRF staff card.
http://www.everythingid.co.uk/staff-pre ... -197-p.asp

Initial purchase low cost and re-useable at each event

I have no connection with any company its just an idea

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next