TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: HEREFORDSHIRE TRF DECEMBER MEETING
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:22 pm 
400 cc

Our third and lively meeting will be held at the New Inn in Fownhope.
Sandra the landlady is setting aside some space in the bar for us all.
8pm on Tuesday 6th December.
Please pm/Watts up doc me or text if you have any subjects you would like added to the agenda.
Agenda.
2.Let's go riding.
Joe ing to Devon
FloRidersRomanian
Beginners rideout.
Christmas rideout.
3.New members Officer Joe.
Beer interlude.
6.Raffle

Hereford Chairman

Last edited by GrayHTRF on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: HEREFORDSHIRE TRF DECEMBER MEETING
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:34 pm 
125cc

Watts up doc me lol

Sent from my Bush 5" Android using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:05 pm 
400 cc

:lol:
Need to discuss a Christmas social gathering,where upon we can singeth hymns and share a prayer together that no TRO,s are forthcoming uth. Then drinketh loads of mulled wine and becometh merryeth.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:56 pm 
300 cc

Last minutes
TRF Herefordshire meeting 2
Tuesday 1 November 2016
Bunch of Carrots, Hampton Bishop

Present
Gray -chairman
Jim – Treasurer
Nick – Right of way (ish)
14 other riders
Apologies
Tim Barett – secretary. Busy sorting his dress out apparently
Bribery
Kevin offered to be Group Rep and will accompany el presidente to the TRF AGM at the NEC on Sunday 27 November. General nodding of heads and mumbling carried this proposal.
New member meet and greet- in the absence of any celebrities or page three models we struggled on this one. We don’t like strangers anyway and really fear change. It was decided after some discussion that our front of desk person should probably be interested in fishing to make new members feel really welcome and throw any antis off the scent. Shilling into bottom of pints at next meeting.
Equestrian Officer – no volunteers but suggestion that riding wear includes scarlet jackets, shiny black boots and several hounds seemed to be a good idea for the winter months at least.
Venue
Upstairs room was very nice with piped frank Sinatra music giving the meeting a real vegas feel. In order to change next months soundtrack to a more drum & bass/grime feel the following venues were suggested:
Cock at tupsley (pub, not person)
New Inn Fownhope- Gray will enquire
Green Man Fownhope. A little too foody for us rough biking types
Central Hereford venues: Welsh Club, Railway Club and Richmond Club. Members to enquire please price, parking and availability for future meetings on first Tuesday of month. Cheap beer important.
Good suggestion to rotate venue over three pubs though not in the north of the county as most members seem to be south of the river. How would new members know where to go?
A guest suggested that hiring a mini bus to get to monthly meeting in order to avoid riding there and not drinking did attract general nodding but not much mumbling so was ignored.

Rights of way
Nick (DS650) gave a potted history of the poison chalice that is rights of way.
Issues reported on:
Cefn Lane (golden Valley)- local landowner obstructions. Lane is shown on list of streets (apparently).
Sarn Helen in S wales is subject to considerable police interest at the moment. Use caution when riding.
Group maps- no progress on this item. Will be likely the first purchase by Gray.
Adam reported that he had a digital copy on disc of county maps and road numbers - offered to give to nick at next meetng.
Nick did point out that if using a public right of way (PROW) you have the right to mitigate any obstruction or the right to divert around it using the shortest possible route.
Question over signing of routes. As I understand it prohibited lanes must be signed with the flying motorbike roundel at both ends where the route joins tarmac, same applies for TRO notices. If it isnt there, how would you know route was closed?

Ride report
FLorin reported that his first ride out was very sweaty and there were no chips. His top tip was to consider no way back on routes and never to stop. (apart for chips)

Ride outs
Gray will lead next ride out ex shobdon in the north of the county (update see posting on TRF website)
The hafren rally was on over the weekend and good riding to be had if you volunteer as a marshal.
No news on the wye Knot club ride outs - could members make enqiries please.
Dave suggested including a fishing stop on more ride outs just to break the day up. As most people have to be somewhere by christmas this was discounted.
Some members did not get Tims member list last month...can they please contact Gray using a current email so he can forward it.

Other Stuff
Harvey won first prize on the raffle.
Club funds currently 68 quid. Good practice if another rider who can count double checks the amount of bribery every meeting. This month was verified by the good people at FIFA.
Wats app worked well for the ride out but not all members have got it downoaded but as a group we shall stick with it. Browsing the TRF forum is still important though and riders should do this as a matter of good habit..
Guest speakers were suggested. After a no-nudity clause we were left with: TRF central on rights of way, tyre changing using levers as demo/practice workshop (crockery might get chipped here though). UNess riders know someone better/more interesting/with less clothes?
Gray dished out three leaflet holders for placing in hospitals, police stations and spearmint rhino. Riders said they could do that.

Next meeting
Gray has posted on TRF forum. Note venue change.
Dave will give talk on fishing and laning at the same time using a motorpike and sidecarp (estimated duration 3 days - tramadol is optional)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:55 pm 
400 cc

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Nick just the ticket mate.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:36 pm 
400 cc

Joe110 has now volunteered as the New Member meet and greet officer.
Well...kind of of pushed into it really,which reminds me I must tell him the good news. :roll:
Ideal man for the job I reckon.
Any objections ?

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:56 pm 
125cc

As an absentee (yet again) I very much appreciated your notes Nick - and, more importantly, your sense of humour! Thankfully. Sounds like a cracking meeting and such a shame I had to miss it. I've just read Gray's notice about the next meeting and the new venue. Sadly I won't be able to make that meeting either - its the day we move into our `new' house and I don't think madam would be too impressed if I buggered off that night. But once I have any amendments to the Contacts List I'll bang it out to everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:05 pm 
400 cc

TimRB wrote:
As an absentee (yet again) I very much appreciated your notes Nick - and, more importantly, your sense of humour! Thankfully. Sounds like a cracking meeting and such a shame I had to miss it. I've just read Gray's notice about the next meeting and the new venue. Sadly I won't be able to make that meeting either - its the day we move into our `new' house and I don't think madam would be too impressed if I buggered off that night. But once I have any amendments to the Contacts List I'll bang it out to everyone.

Fear not as one willeth organise eth a festive eth evening of banter eth before eth the crimbo day eth.
An evening of beer n beer n more beer........maybe the odd pino o grogio or cidereth n mulled wineing .

Yeh.... all right a bit of a pxss up just for you !

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:08 pm 
300 cc

hi Tim,
Thanks for that, will do the minutes thing in December....getting close to time for me to get back on the quad too...Best of everything with the house move it is pretty shoddy excuse though so not that much sympathy.....
DS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:45 pm 
125cc

Great round up Nick. Looking forward to the next meeting as well as seeing the new venue. Well done Gray.

Sent from my Bush 5" Android using Tapatalk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next