TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Herefordshire TRF Wye ride out
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:31 pm 
125cc

As I couldn't fit my go pro to the handle bars I thought I'd do a write up.

After a slightly later start than I wanted after watching to many episodes of Teletubies with our daughter I left the house to collect Dads trusty old red van to drive to meet everyone at Ross on Wye. Down the bypass I spotted a broken down bike, I thought that must be one of the group and on closer inspection it was Gray. I managed to park the van and run down the side of the dual carriageway to see what the trouble was, Gray had thrown a chain but assured me he would be back up and running with no help needed. I carried on to where the group was, unloaded the bike and kitted up ready to start.

We began with a few gentle lanes heading towards the Royal Forest Of Dean. After 40 minutes or so the lanes were coming thick and fast. Being last but one I could see everyone was enjoying themselves and making good progress along the lanes. Gray leading, Dave, Steve, Ian on the trusty old XLR 250, Flo on his first ever TRF ride out after only recently taking up green laning and Sir Vic back out on the bike after a few months off.

We all pulled in for what I thought was a quick break but Steve had a puncher, we all volunteered to help out like a well oiled team similar to an Formula 1 pit stop. The problem was a nail picked up along the way somewhere. We had stopped right by a horse stables and they really were pleased how trail riders respected horses along the lanes, even offering to lend a hand with a compressor. We soon had it sorted and hit the lanes again.

We were in the Wye Valley proper amongst the rocky trails and ended up descending the lime kiln lane to our lunch stop at our regular cafe. Gray insured Flo they did chips but to his disappointment they never and he had to settle for a Dragon burger minus the chips but did offer to bring a bag of potatoes next time. He genuinely was upset there was no chips.

Back on our bikes after a lovely spot of lunch, (no scones this time) we made our way back towards Monmouth via the lovely ancient lanes that you can clearly see the walls of and imagine them being used as the main Byways from years ago, people walking, on horse back and even carts.

After stopping for petrol we rode the last few lanes and ended up back in Ross for around 5pm. A thoroughly enjoyable 70 odd miles of green laning. Thanks to Gray for organising the ride along with leading it. Nice to meet everyone as well.

Until next time

Joe.

Post subject: Re: Herefordshire TRF Wye ride out
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:00 pm 
300 cc

Great report there, glad you had a good day. Cannot wait till I am back on the lanes in the new years and I can show you round my manor.....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 pm 
80 cc

I'll love to join you guys soon as I get a van at the end of the month. Only in Stroud but a stretch to ride over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:28 pm 
80 cc

hi joe
a good report and a big thanks to gray for giving us a bloody good day out, can,t wait for the next one
regards to all dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:37 pm 
400 cc

Good write up Joe,well done all.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:38 pm 
400 cc

[quote="jmc"]I'll love to join you guys soon as I get a van at the end of the month. Only in Stroud but a stretch to ride over.

You would be welcome to join us Jmc,just keep an eye on the forum for the next rideout.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:34 pm 
400 cc

A few pictures and clips of the day.
:D

https://youtu.be/fmxAosk2X14

Ps,Did I tell you how much my ankle hurts today,after the little off on Newlands !! Ouch........... :oops: :roll:

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 am 
125cc

Gutted I missed this ride. Next time!

:ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:28 pm 
400 cc

Scartin wrote:
Gutted I missed this ride. Next time!

:ugeek:

You are always welcome Martin.
Next one will be Shropshire sometime next month.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:02 pm 
125cc

All looks very good ,we canoed symonds yat ,Last week end and saw some off roaders ,wanted to join them!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next