TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Lane clearing in Hampshire
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:23 pm 
80 cc

I have received a brief e-mail from the organisers to thank us for our efforts. As usual, well within time and under budget. Of the 30 people attending 10 were TRF. No GLEAM or GLPG, which goes to show just what their little game is.

I think I should add that the TRF crew were on the job before time and were amongst the last to leave. HCC's man said 'we won't get this done today' - but we did and we all got away early.

It was good to see familiar faces and some new ones. A very serious thank-you from me, as this could be the way forward in many areas. Half a day's riding given over to lane mending - and reputation mending, after the vile smear campaign from the GLEAMist mendacious mud-slingers.

There will be another crack at this lane in around 6 weeks time. Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm 
200 cc

If I am about I will be up for part deux Dave, but things are a tad fluid at the mo, as I am moving house to York at the end of August, and move work from Gosport to York at the end of September. Either way, keep up the good work mate. It's been a pleasure helping out as much as I could down south. Time to start bothering folks up north now tho. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:15 pm 
80 cc

Chaps

I have received the following from the Chair of the Parish Council. IMV this was a good exercise in good will, and one that GLEAM will find hard to put down - because they were not there; they do nothing in practical terms, be it use the routes or repair them. They merely moan and lie and play political games (IMV - please tell me if I'm wrong).

Dave,
I would just like to echo Dick William's appreciation of the help and support that both yourself and the other TRF members have given to this project. It has made a significant difference and is undoubtedly the way forward.
Best,
Alan Redpath
Chairman
East Meon Parish Council

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2