TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Valentines Day Massacre? No. Shropshire Ride
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:52 pm 
300 cc

Chaps & Chapesses.

Wasn't going to do this after getting almost drowned by the rain last Saturday.....
Boots are still damp, gloves are rock solid, bike could do with an oil change
But the forecast has improved, and apart from a little snow early on, it looks like a dry day on Sunday.

So. Valentines smooch with your loved one, or freezing your nuts off with the bike? Your choice.

If anyone wants a ride out, starting from Church Stretton area on Sunday, then let me know.
Nothing strenous - hopefully there's a couple of guys who haven't been out with us before that we can show the way round.
Probably a late-ish start in light of the early snow forecast - 9 for 9:30.
That give you a little time for some early loving!

Mike

Post subject: Re: Valentines Day Massacre? No. Shropshire Ride
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 pm 
300 cc

You old romantic Mike,
Smooching for me I'm afraid, but you should know the mynd like the back of yer hand by now.
Have a good one.
Will look to get out at your next onshore period, hopefully to revisit moelfre in the dry minus punctures etc etc.
Keep between the hedges,
Ds

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:52 pm 
300 cc

DS650 wrote:
You old romantic Mike,
Smooching for me I'm afraid, but you should know the mynd like the back of yer hand by now.
Have a good one.
Will look to get out at your next onshore period, hopefully to revisit moelfre in the dry minus punctures etc etc.
Keep between the hedges,
Ds

Old, yes. Romantic, no. Been married too long for that!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:32 pm 
125cc

Dear Mike, I applaud your guile and bravery and would have happily joined you on Sunday. Sadly already have plans and will be in London over the w/e - incl the bike show at Excel. And I'll be dragging my wife with me; no one can say that I'm not a true romantic. So what are the chances of you doing something before you depart for slumberland on the rig? I would remind you that as of today I am unemployable therefore free any day. Now there's an invitation to be missed!

Meanwhile stripped down KTM to ident probs with premature wear on the chain - and subsequent snapping last w/e. Short answer is that I can't see anywhere where the chain has be bashing/rubbing/vibrating against anything that would cause the damage. Perhaps it was a chocolate chain? So new DID chain about to be fitted - plus new rear brake disc and pads. So now all I need is a nice chap to rideout with.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:41 am 
125cc

I have unfortunatly made a commitment to overtime at work (sooner that than smooching!) so i cant make this one

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:14 am 
300 cc

Craig89 wrote:
I have unfortunatly made a commitment to overtime at work (sooner that than smooching!) so i cant make this one

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Pussy. Or not :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:15 am 
300 cc

TimRB wrote:
Dear Mike, I applaud your guile and bravery and would have happily joined you on Sunday. Sadly already have plans and will be in London over the w/e - incl the bike show at Excel. And I'll be dragging my wife with me; no one can say that I'm not a true romantic. So what are the chances of you doing something before you depart for slumberland on the rig? I would remind you that as of today I am unemployable therefore free any day. Now there's an invitation to be missed!

Meanwhile stripped down KTM to ident probs with premature wear on the chain - and subsequent snapping last w/e. Short answer is that I can't see anywhere where the chain has be bashing/rubbing/vibrating against anything that would cause the damage. Perhaps it was a chocolate chain? So new DID chain about to be fitted - plus new rear brake disc and pads. So now all I need is a nice chap to rideout with.....

Next time Tim. Away on Tuesday unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:16 am 
80 cc

Unfortunately I'm committed this weekend (airport run plus family get together). Nothing to do with the weather, sugar isn't affected by low temperatures.

Don't know if I'm nice enough for you Tim but I'm always available mid week.

Sugarboy

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:31 pm 
125cc

Going to try and make this one where are you meeting mike?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:32 am 
300 cc

PM sent

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next