TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marches Rideout Saturday 6 Feb
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:23 am 
125cc

I have decided to bail out on the account of the weather, i know, poor excuse...man up...etc...

Have a great day, whilst i trawl ebay for a van.....

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:49 pm 
125cc

So guys, just how wet was it?

Here it didnt seem too bad until about lunch time....then all hell broke loose!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:03 pm 
300 cc

A few trials and tribulations Craig.

I managed to get the new tug stuck getting ON to the car park. Tim kindly towed me off (again).

The first lanes were muddy, which was the theme for the day. Keith got himself warmed up nicely, as the quad faction had to engage 4WD to get through the mud. Great.

The two quads struggled up Mason's Bank, both bottoming out, and with all four wheels off the ground, they ground to a halt. At this stage us two wheelers had cleared off!

Later in the day, Keith got a puncture that was slightly repaired with aerosol toolkit. Then, on the way back, Tim's chain decided to snap!

The weather? what about it? The rain was torrential for most of the day, and then merely throwing it down for the rest. Nick and Simon, having ridden to the RV were already wet, and by the time we'd been running for 10 minutes, we were wet too, so just Keep Calm and Carry On! It wasn't that cold, so even with the trickle of cold water streaming between the testicles, it wasn't too uncomfortable (look on the bright side, if the water is cold, then at least you know you've not pee'd yourself).
Although the day was a little curtailed with the mechanical issues, we still managed nearly 80 miles. The trails had a lot of water on them, obviously - at one set of puddles, I was up on the pegs, at speed, and the "bow wave" came through my helmet. Love it!

I won't say you missed a good day - but you did!!!

See you next time

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:44 pm 
125cc

Mike, Thanks for taking the time to write that up. It certainly sounds like it was an eventful day! Just out of interest how was Tims chain repaired?

Im always abit wary of "puddles" now after the unfortunate experience i had with a minor lake!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:24 pm 
300 cc

Tim's was a new chain.
Seemed to have something rubbing against the spring clip, so it failed at the joining link. Tim had a spare link, but couldn't quite get the spring clip on. I had a link, so we used that instead.

I should treat water with more respect than I do, but I have an affinity with water, even as a child I was always falling in ponds and off jetty's! And I have no air box on the Husky. Live dangerously!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:40 pm 
125cc

That was lucky then with the chain. For that very reason i chose to rivet link mine, but its shit or bust if it ever breaks.

PS thanks for the info on the vans, i will process it and get back to you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:08 pm 
125cc

Now that's what I call an accurate, timely and fulsome resume of the day Mike; it provided just the right tone and a great feel for the trials and tribulations of the day - but I bet we talk about it for years to come! Even if you ignore the mechanical gremlins that conspired to bugger up the day, the reality was that the lanes were a wonderful challenge, as was the truly shite weather, and the absolute failure of all our wondrously expensive kit to keep us dry. Mind you I was once again impressed with Nick's patience and leadership skills. Can't wait for the next outing. Now I've got to work out why my almost new chain wore through. Investigation, and report to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:41 pm 
300 cc

TimRB wrote:
Now that's what I call an accurate, timely and fulsome resume of the day Mike; it provided just the right tone and a great feel for the trials and tribulations of the day - but I bet we talk about it for years to come! Even if you ignore the mechanical gremlins that conspired to bugger up the day, the reality was that the lanes were a wonderful challenge, as was the truly shite weather, and the absolute failure of all our wondrously expensive kit to keep us dry. Mind you I was once again impressed with Nick's patience and leadership skills. Can't wait for the next outing. Now I've got to work out why my almost new chain wore through. Investigation, and report to follow.

Indeed Tim

Many thanks go to Nick for leading us off the straight and narrow, onto the twisty and muddy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:31 pm 
300 cc

As always gents, the pleasure was all mine.....and look at the weather today!!!! Doh!!
So there we have it, Mike still has yet to sample the delight of Moelfre....
So next time he is back with those people who being made of sugar, didn't join us yesterday, it is a date.
Let s hope I break the jinx of Kerry.
Till next time amigos
DS650

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:41 pm 
125cc

I couldnt believe it when i saw the sun shining today! Just typical. Lookforward to next time

Craig

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next