TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Rider - East Midlands - Coalville Loop & The Viking Way
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:37 pm 
50 cc

Good afternoon, hope you're all well!

I'm a new member to the TRF and new to trail riding/green laning, based in Leicestershire.

I've been riding road bikes for about 18 months and fancied a change, something a little more challenging - so got myself a Honda CRF250X over the Christmas break.

I've heard of a few routes around Leicestershire, and the Coalville Loop keeps cropping up. I've tried searching online but I don't appear to be able to find anything - where am I best to start?

I'm heading up to The Viking Way (Melton) on Saturday with my father-in-law, so really looking forward to that as it'll be my first ride out.

Looking forward to meeting up with the local TRF and other like minded riders :-)

Cheers,

Phil.

Post subject: Re: New Rider - East Midlands - Coalville Loop & The Viking
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:45 pm 
650 cc Monster

Welcome,

Sorry to say, much of the Viking Way is now closed to vehicles for ever thanks to the antics of 4x4-driving idiots who trashed it and posted the evidence on YouTube.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:55 pm 
50 cc

Oh that's a shame! Well, I might not be getting my first ride out this weekend after all :-(

Thanks for letting me know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:43 pm 
300 cc

Hi Philip welcome from Lincolnshire which group have you joined? Still plenty to ride just a big chunk of the Viking way is now closed so we don't damage any of the rare wild grass that grows on there? :roll:
Nev.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:22 pm 
50 cc

Hi Philip,

That's my regular route! I normally start in Packington and end up near Measham, roughly 40 miles in total. I've just moved to the area so I'm looking for people to ride with if you fancy it? I normally go out most weekends so feel free to PM me and I'll show you the loop. :)

Ollie.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 pm 
50 cc

Drezza wrote:
Hi Philip,

That's my regular route! I normally start in Packington and end up near Measham, roughly 40 miles in total. I've just moved to the area so I'm looking for people to ride with if you fancy it? I normally go out most weekends so feel free to PM me and I'll show you the loop. :)

Ollie.
hiya we ride what you call the coalville loop not that its anything to do with coalville most weeks meet at morrisons petrol hinckley 10 am we either start at mallory or upton maybe we see you going the other way ? we met a few guys from birmingham today who were a bit lost ,if you read this get in touch we'll take you round thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:20 pm 
50 cc

barwellbomberz wrote:
Drezza wrote:
Hi Philip,

Ollie.
hiya we ride what you call the coalville loop not that its anything to do with coalville most weeks meet at morrisons petrol hinckley 10 am we either start at mallory or upton maybe we see you going the other way ? we met a few guys from birmingham today who were a bit lost ,if you read this get in touch we'll take you round thanks

Hey, I was out this Sunday, only person I saw was some miserable git in a 4x4. I'm in Ashby so at the opposite end of the lanes I think? Let me know next time you plan on going out again and we can try arrange something?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:17 pm 
50 cc

Drezza wrote:
barwellbomberz wrote:
Drezza wrote:
Hi Philip,

Ollie.

Hey, I was out this Sunday, only person I saw was some miserable git in a 4x4. I'm in Ashby so at the opposite end of the lanes I think? Let me know next time you plan on going out again and we can try arrange something?

ok mate let you no whats happening sunday

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:16 pm 
50 cc

Drezza wrote:
barwellbomberz wrote:
Drezza wrote:
Hi Philip,

Ollie.

Hi mate, sorry I was busy this weekend, if you PM me your email address I'm sure we can arrange something in the future?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]