TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Beginner to green laning in DERBY wants to know of ride outs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:26 pm 
50 cc

Hi,

I've just joined TRF as a member & wanting to know if there are any local ride outs in the Midlands for beginners soon? I've rode road bikes for years but new to green laning. My local club I know meets up up the clock warehouse in Shardlow just up the road from me but I find it difficult most of the time to meet up on the second Wednesday of the month as I work shifts. I have a bike trailer so can travel some distance, I have a KTM 250 EXC-f. Any advice information welcome.
Regards Neil.

Post subject: Re: Beginner to green laning in DERBY wants to know of ride
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:38 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings Neil,

Welcome from the folks of the Manchester Group, perhaps a bit too far for club nights.

You are not limited to just your geographically nearest Group, you are in a Fellowship so you can visit any Group.

Similarly you should be welcome to join any rides, we publish ours on this website on a first come first served basis. Our run coordinator does hold some contact details to arrange specific rides, e.g. beginners. Some Groups use Facebook to keep in touch, a dark art to a techno philistine such as me, you will just have to track them down or wait for somebody more local to contact you through this site.

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:54 pm 
50 cc

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your reply, I will lookout for any ride outs for beginners at other clubs as well as the East Midlands as Manchester is not far away so thanks for your advice. I will keep checking if I get any other replies on here as well as fb.
Thanks Neil.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:19 pm 
650 cc Monster

pinglehill3 wrote:
Hi,

I've just joined TRF as a member & wanting to know if there are any local ride outs in the Midlands for beginners soon? I've rode road bikes for years but new to green laning. My local club I know meets up up the clock warehouse in Shardlow just up the road from me but I find it difficult most of the time to meet up on the second Wednesday of the month as I work shifts. I have a bike trailer so can travel some distance, I have a KTM 250 EXC-f. Any advice information welcome.
Regards Neil.

contact the group direct as i am sure that they have a forum or FB you can log into for more information about rides etc. There is a contact number listed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:53 pm 
50 cc

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:27 am 
400 cc

Lincolnshire had a very successful beginners ride yesterday.

Nick often does rides from just north of Derby.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 am 
50 cc

Hi Paul,
I would be interested in meeting up as I can drive somewhere as got a trailer to put my bike on. If you can get Nick to let me know when he is next out & where they are meeting up. Would even drive across to Lincolnshire way, as it's not far away if it's for beginners as I've traveled to Wales before with friends but they are all at a high level so was out of my depth.
Thanks, Neil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:16 pm 
400 cc

Hi Neil,

I am a Herts/Cambs and Lincolnshire member. It was my first ride into Lincolnshire.

It looks like I will be leading a beginners ride for Herts on Saturday 6 February. You would be more than welcome to come along. In the process of sorting details.

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 am 
50 cc

Hi Paul,

That sounds good as I'm not in work that Saturday so should be free so keep us posted when you have sorted out the details. Just give us a post code or something where you're meeting & time & I'll be there.

Thanks, Neil.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:56 pm 
125cc

A good day out with Neil today. A bit (very) icy in places. An interesting buttock clencing moment with both wheels skidding. Willpower alone kept me upright.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next