TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hi, I'm new here
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:08 pm 
125cc

Hello Mate,

If you're up for a nice easy one me and a friend are planning another ride to the fosse way next sat. He'll be on his GS and I'll be on the aprilia.

Let us know if you're up for it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
300 cc

welcome to the site mate.

give the bike a try on the trails, you might be suprised.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:52 pm 
80 cc

I read your offer for next weekend Fantastic Mister Fox and thought 'wahay', perfect.

I've been out for a nice little potter around on the somerset levels today (where I saw an aprilia for sale), stumbled across the longest 'ford' I've ever seen, just otside Easton! :P Didn't attempt it though as I didn't fancy being stranded on my own.

I really fancied a trail trip; but..... there is always a but, I've just looked at my work for next week and I'm in France until Saturday lunch time, PAH. :(

next time.....

Stu

Mine's a - BMW F650GS 2000 in yellow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:42 pm 
125cc

scaramanga wrote:
I read your offer for next weekend Fantastic Mister Fox and thought 'wahay', perfect.

I've been out for a nice little potter around on the somerset levels today (where I saw an aprilia for sale), stumbled across the longest 'ford' I've ever seen, just otside Easton! :P Didn't attempt it though as I didn't fancy being stranded on my own.

I really fancied a trail trip; but..... there is always a but, I've just looked at my work for next week and I'm in France until Saturday lunch time, PAH. :(

next time.....

Stu

Ok no worries, I'll save going back to the Fosse until you're available then, Hopefully the MT is back from the shop then I'll do something more steep.

I can't for the life of me work out where this ford of yours is, Apart from durston drove and the wookey hole UCR I can see any trails round there you'll have to show me.

If fording streams is your thing there is always Birchwood lane in pensford (although the council want to stick a TRO on it) it begins with 200 metres upstream.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:56 pm 
80 cc

Quote:
I can't for the life of me work out where this ford of yours is, Apart from durston drove and the wookey hole UCR I can see any trails round there you'll have to show me.

It's not on a trail, it's on Knowle lane, just outside wookey. 51.21419 N : 2.71012 W

I know very few trails, but hope to find some soon :D

Thanks lots for postponing fosse way, I'm free the next 2 weekends :) Where do you go on the fosse way?

stu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 pm 
50 cc

Hi guys i am also new to the forums and local to Bristol. I do quite a bit of trail riding around chew valley and N. East somerset on my old F650 Funduro. Im suprised i havn't bumped into you yet Mr Fox! have seen your vids tho. Anyway im always up for a ride so give me a shout if your going out it would be good to meet some other locals!

I think the Ford you came across must have been Wookey Ford you might find this usefull http://www.wetroads.co.uk/index.htm

Cheers Shaun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 pm 
80 cc

Hiya Shaun,

You're the only other member of BOG, at F650.co.uk :D

Blimey, there really is a website for everything !
Quote:
http://www.wetroads.co.uk/index.htm
The ford you suggested is the one. Thanks for the link !

Stu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 pm 
50 cc

Hey Stu!

Yeah that's me, just the two of us thought their would be more.

Haven't ridden that Ford yet but have done the one on Birchwood Lane that was good fun, but did get a bit deep!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 pm 
125cc

scaramanga wrote:
Quote:

It's not on a trail, it's on Knowle lane, just outside wookey. 51.21419 N : 2.71012 W

I know very few trails, but hope to find some soon :D

Thanks lots for postponing fosse way, I'm free the next 2 weekends :) Where do you go on the fosse way?

stu

We usually start at the Sally Inn in the gibb and go to kemble air field and back, Usually take and hour each way but can be slower depending on conditions.

That a really usefull link, I'm a big fan of fords (hence why the mt is in the shop at the moment - it may have got a bit wet when mt friend was crossing ford on it- I was on his GS at the time)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:31 am 
125cc

Planning on doing this ride on the fosse on Sat the 27th March Leaving from Bristol around 9am 10am.

This will be for adventure bikes/ trailies only so that we can all ride together out to the Fosse as it's nice and easy.

Is this date good for you??

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next