TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anybody Trail Riding In Yeovil On 23/24th August?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:54 pm 
80 cc

I'm going to be coming down to Somerset in my camper van with my gf & her family next weekend, specifically in South Petherton & will be bringing my KTM down in the back with me.

Was looking for anybody in the area that fancied meeting up & going out for a ride on the Saturday / Sunday during the day, early, late or full day ride out.

From my POI map it looks like there are a few byways between Yeovil & Sherborne?

I will be bringing my sat nav & creating a route anyway but would be great if there are any locals around during this time to show me around! :)

Also attached a route that looks ok for a couple of hours by myself should there be no takers :)

Route Image: http://i.imgur.com/1IawNev.png

Post subject: Re: Anybody Trail Riding In Yeovil On 23/24th August?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:28 pm 
125cc

yup :) and i can show you alot more than that mate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:48 pm 
200 cc

Hi buddy was looking to get a GPS for my self. What would you recommend ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 pm 
80 cc

Darren wells wrote:
Hi buddy was looking to get a GPS for my self. What would you recommend ?

I'm using the TomTom Rider Pro. Although expensive I played around with a few with no luck & also wanted to use this sat nav in my car / on my road bike. Only issue is that when using it in the car it has no speaker / volume so if you don't pay attention& keep checking the sat nav you can miss a turning unlike others that constantly shout at you to make a U-Turn!!!

I've also attached a file of POI's that you can import into a TomTom device (Or Garmin too possibly) of the majority of the byways across the UK, although I do not keep this list very updated so you may end up pulling into a new housing estate or similar on a few of them, I know I have done this in the past!

Cancel that, couldn't find attach, uploaded here: http://breezechic.com/trails/My_POIs.ov2

I also use TyreToTravel to open & view the routes or make a new route like the one in the first post & then copy it over to my TomTom which does the work for me when I'm on the road as maps are simply too slow & painful for me to use.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]