TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Friday ...Fight Back...26th Aug Bank Hol Sunday
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 am 
650 cc Monster

spitfire wrote:
mike Irving wrote:
you are a sweetie.......thank you

Get a room :-)

got one.........when ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:43 pm 
650 cc Monster

mike Irving wrote:
i was told earlier that people are busy on August Bank holiday Sunday..........a lot of riders might be at the dawn to Dusk.

Might be at the Dawn to dusk.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ......this is far more important than that............we are going to loose two of the most iconic Lanes ever.....both steeped in Motoring history.......they should cancel the D to D :twisted: :twisted:

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: or move it to Stanage edge.........if it is wet the first few riders should get some grip on the Ramblers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

joking apart this is serious business..............hey Mr Womble where's my Stickie at the toppie :?:

It has been suggested that i am asking for the D to D to be cancelled and in doing so maybe uspet the organisers and in turn affect support for the TRF.

I am sorry that this post could be taken in this way and i apologise if i have caused any offence to anyone anywhere in connection with this matter.

Just to be Clear...........I am not asking for the D to D to be cancelled or moved or anything like it........ Nor am i belittling the Event in any way........if i was a good enough rider i would probably entered myself. It is unfortunate that there maybe some of you entered into the D To D who would like to help in our protest but there will be plenty of other opportunities in the weeks and months to follow.

But if we do not do something NOW in the Peaks then events like the D to D will be all we have left to do until someone complains enough because of the noise and danger to fir trees and gets it cancelled as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:51 pm 
80 cc

Has or can anyone produce a flyer that I can down load, print off and stick up the PDNPA's arses, I mean stick in local bike shop windows? I am not savvy with computers so would take me forever to produce one, if I could do it at all!

Dave. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:27 pm 
300 cc

Daveyboy wrote:
Has or can anyone produce a flyer that I can down load, print off and stick up the PDNPA's arses, I mean stick in local bike shop windows? I am not savvy with computers so would take me forever to produce one, if I could do it at all!

+1. That would be handy. Plus if you can't make it at least you can do your bit by advertising it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:35 pm 
650 cc Monster

steve cartwright wrote:
Daveyboy wrote:

+1. That would be handy. Plus if you can't make it at least you can do your bit by advertising it.

a leaflet is being produced both for delivery to residents and for handing out at meets, fairs etc. we will be looking for the Peak groups to mail a leaflet in every door if we can before the 26th telling them why we are doing it and how they need to call Jim Dixon if they are not happy. we will stop the action if PDNPA agree to come back to the table and discuss management not Prohibition.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:29 am 
80 cc

Hello, you guys have probably already realised this but i'll state in anyhow.The PDNA own 45 car parks 18 of them are pay and display, motorcycles park free, they say so. If as many of the 18 were full to capacity with motorcycles (if they haven't alocated enough slots for motocycles their problem).Then I know which one's i'll be using.Because their pay and display they will be at strategic locations (you know where monies are spent). Mmm supose the goal posts will get moved yet again in favour of the bully. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 am 

Thats a great idea, just a pity all they would do is slap a charge on bikes to park :(

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:57 am 
80 cc

Yep, but it would show that yet again they are using bully boy tactics and disciminating as to whom should be able use Gods country not theirs !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 am 
650 cc Monster

If we could get all the cars spaces filled as well as the free m/cycle spaces (paying full price of course) then the PDNPA will not be out of money and no laws broken so they cannot penalise indivviduals. Confusion and Mayhem will follow and the public will know we are pissed. Maybe then the Authority will consider more carefully its next step.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:05 am 
80 cc

Let's hope so ! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next