TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:04 pm 
50 cc

Hi all, just got myself an xt600 for a spot of trail riding this year-I know it's a bit big but so am I and i'd just struggle to fit on a 250-looking for tips on tyres etc and anything I can do to make it a bit easier as i'm a complete novice!

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:00 pm 
80 cc

Hi mate,

Welcome to the site, just got myself an xt660r. Did a bit of trail riding many years ago, but got consider myself a novice. Took the bike out with a friend and his mates (for the first time),they took me on some pretty hard ground including old pit tops, not green lanes but the bike did everything great only thing that let it down was my ability. So dont worry about the bike mate its great. I have changed the tyres will look at what they are and post bit later,as the bike is kept at a friends. Will say that they were bang on for off road and on. Sorry that we are not in the same neck of the woods. Safe riding will post you tyre details soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 pm 
50 cc

thanks for that gary, went out for a spin today and having come from sports bikes it was well different, had a dt175 back in the day but as you'd guess a long time ago-can't wait to get out on the green lanes!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 am 
80 cc

Good thing about it is you will keep your licence, but still have all the thrills. It is different no doubt about that but you have to accept that it is a totally different ball game. When you see the guys throwing dirt bikes all over and keeping so relaxed its amazing you look and think wish I could do that. I went out dont think I took a breath from getting on the bike to getting off 2 hours later :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:56 pm 
50 cc

well i was knackered just on the road so god help me when i get on my first green lane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 pm 
80 cc

Hi Buddy those tyers are Metzeler Karoo2 cant coment on what they will wear like, but thay seem to suit my needs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for that gary i'll take a look around!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:52 pm 
125cc

Had mine since 2002. At the moment got an AC10 on the back and an M21 on the front. Seem to work well on all types of ground here in wales. Best mod i did was fitting a mikuni carb. transforms starting and much better on the trail , picks up from nothing low down, but was lucky to find one second hand so wasnt to expensive. have a custom built stainless exhaust which lets it breathe better than standard. just off for mot ready for easter riding !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 pm 
50 cc

Had to mothball mine for a month as i'm off to mexico but counting the days til i get out on my xt!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]