TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Farmer on trial
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:35 pm 
300 cc

Quote:
it should go to the top. Richard Benyon MP is minister for Rural Affairs and he's alledged to be an active member of GLEAM.

Benyon (DEFRA Minister dealing with RoW issues) is a CONFIRMED member of GLEAM... although he won’t admit it if you write and ask, he IS a member according to GLEAM publications and he HAS attended GLEAM meetings, again according to published GLEAM publications.

I also have confirmation from the Permanent Secretary that Benyon has declared this membership as an "interest" although they have refused to show me a copy of the required written declaration when I made an FoI request that they first failed to respond to, later admitting they broke the law in not doing so...and my local MP Liddle-Granger refused to write to Benyon on my behalf, even when there is apparent evidence to support a breach of the Ministerial Code has occurred….

I would suggest that the best people to write to are the PM, the shadow DEFRA Minister, the Police Chief Constable of Hampshire and head of the CPS... copy Benyon in but you wont get any reply................ :evil:

2005 KTM 525MXC (34,000 miles so far)
2005 KTM 250EXC (11,500 miles so far)
BMW R100 awaiting time to convert to 1980's HPN GS PD Replica.
All useful parts wanted ;)
Need :USD DRZ E front end complete & GS petrol tank.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 pm 
400 cc

Fair comment Andy.

I said "alledged member" because although I know that he was a member I didn't know whether he still is.

Regards

Richard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:05 pm 
80 cc

Hi Guys,

Well, despite all the evidence to the contrary the Exec are not doing nothing - perhaps we just aren't very good at publicising what we do.

I genuinely believe that we should have a demo of some sort but I have no experience in these matters and need to make sure that we attract the best and the right sort of response. I have spoken to Paddy Tyson, Campaigns Manager and Nich Brown, the General Secretary; both from MAG and Chris Hodder at the BMF and am waiting for feedback. I want not only their advice but also their support as I think we should, if possible, motivate road bike riders to join the demo to show their solidarity. The situation may be further complicated by the private actions of both Gary Greaves widow and Simon Frost, the run leader when the incident occured.

Although I felt that we should try to do something as soon as possible - perhaps on 21st April (or even 24th as per Richard's suggestion to coincide with the Kinder Scout mass trespass annniversary) that may be too soon to pull it all together - what date do you all think we should aim for?

It's great to have feedback and I acknowledge the criticisms of apparent inaction (whilst, at the same time, not entirely accepting them!). What would be terrific to hear though is some concrete, detailed (if possible) suggestions about how we should structure this: where we should ride to and from, should we ride any trails and if so how do we keep the road bikers involved, are there any volunteers to organise things at a local level if we stick to my original thoughts to have ride out from 5-6 different parts of the country (good or bad idea?), how do we publicise it, what is our message and who is it aimed at, how do we attract sympathy to the cause rather than alienating the general public further.

This is too much for me to do on my own so any help would be, as they say, 'greatly appreciated'. Let's have some ideas through the forum and if there is anyone out there (they don't have to active on the forum) who will help pull this together it will be a great weight off my mind.

Cheers and thanks for your help

Jack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 pm 
80 cc

blacktiger wrote:
My question to the remaining (alive) bike riders is ; why did you run/ride away? If you were lost, then THE best bloke to ask is the land owner who will direct you to the correct route. Just stop, apologise and ask for directions. Simple and no-one gets hurt.
I suspect they were up to no good and got their just deserts. Don't forget the recent case in the papers of some idiots killing loads of sheep just for fun.

up to no good does not Deserve the death sentence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 pm 
200 cc

emmamlmckay wrote:
blacktiger wrote:
My question to the remaining (alive) bike riders is ; why did you run/ride away? If you were lost, then THE best bloke to ask is the land owner who will direct you to the correct route. Just stop, apologise and ask for directions. Simple and no-one gets hurt.
I suspect they were up to no good and got their just deserts. Don't forget the recent case in the papers of some idiots killing loads of sheep just for fun.

up to no good does not Deserve the death sentence

Or maybe when you see a couple of tonnes of metal heading at you at a rate of knots your immediate reaction would be to leg it.

Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid supermotopedracer
1997 Honda XL600V
1962 Vespa VBB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 pm 
80 cc

all sounds good to me,

ill be standing there where ever when ever proud, fighting for not just for my own rights but for the rights of People who just want to enjoy living there free lives without the risk of being glared at, verbally abused, physically abused or even KILLED

one life live it free doing something you love

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 am 
400 cc

Jack

Thanks for taking the time to post that.

I know it isn't possible for TRF Directors to give the membership a running commentry on every detail of what your doing but it can often feel like there is no connection between the members and the Exec at all.

This kind of communication is essential and much appreciated.

Regards a demo, yes, I think it would be a very good idea to involve MAG and the BMF if they will support us but I also think (as I've said before) thath is incident needs to be seen in a broader context.

As I think Adrian said else where on the forum, "this death is an extremely unfortunate outcome, resulting from an event that is not uncommon".

Cheers

Richard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 pm 
650 cc Monster

Here's the Crack.....

A demo is being planned for this. See earlier posts by JackK and others.

We are not going to let this go unchallenged but for now we are leaving it until an appropriate action can be organised in a controlled and proper manner.

We are not walking away from this please keep watch on the website and forum. 8-) 8-)

In the mean time we are going to do something in the peaks on the 24th :P :P

Please look out for the post.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10