TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: A bimble round my local lanes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm 
400 cc

Having fixed the leaking output shaft seal on the DRZ at the weekend I thought I should take it for a test ride.

The weathers been a bit odd round here of late and the ride started warm and in sunshine but by the end of the first local lane the clouds were gathering.

A couple of minutes later and the heavens opened!!!

The down pour didn't last long but even sheltering under the trees didn't keep me dry.

When the rain stopped I headed on to my next lane. The wet tarmac was steaming nicely and there was a rainbow over head.

With the shower having wetted the ample vegetation nicely this rather overgrown lane proved slightly trickier than usual.

There are a few nasty ruts hiding in that jungle!

Mind you, ruts aren't the only hazard to be found on Fenland lanes,

By now I was still soaked to the skin but warm again so I did a couple of other local byways and then headed home.

All in all a nice "bimble" around my local lanes despite the weather doing it's upmost to spoil it.

Ohh, and the bike?

Nicely oil tight again I'm pleased to report.

Cheers

Richard

Post subject: Re: A bimble round my local lanes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:28 am 
125cc

nice report richard and a good few lanes around your area..

those golf courses always seem to have roads running up through them, one of my local lanes passes right up through a golf course, always vigilant for gophers ;)

those showers are a pain at the moment always popping up when you dont need em hey :roll:

keep the trail reports coming in and also the wonderful pics :D

thanks ian

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]