TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New member - South Wales
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 pm 
50 cc

Evening all :)

Just joined the TRF, and am looking forward to some off roading this year. I have quite limited experience of riding in the mud! But hopefully I can get together with the South Wales group on their next rideout and give it a go. I've just got myself a OS Landranger map of Brecon, so hopefully that will help get some routes sorted too.

I've just bought a Yamaha YZ426F which i've since heard are quite heavy off road, but am hoping that it will be suitable at least to start with! Only trouble I'm expecting is that it's very loud, even though it has the factory exhaust fitted and the bike's road legal - I think i'll have to look into that more before I take it out.

Anyway, cheers for now!

Adam.

Post subject: Re: New member - South Wales
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:20 pm 
200 cc

Welcome to the website. I have ridden quite a bit around the Brecon Beacons and nothing can spoil the ride more than a really noisey exhaust...please get it sorted before you go to ride as you may well be asked to not ride when out on a group run. The BB National Park are looking at how we act on this piece of Wales and there are BB Rangers at large who may not take too kindly to having their ears split asunder with the noise from a full 'works' exhaust.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]