TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: First ride out 1/9 lancs/dales
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:24 pm 
50 cc

Hi all, I am a new member of the lanc's trf. I am looking at taking my first ride out with a mate on the 1 st September. I can't do much before then due to doing a triathlon in france the week before. My problem is because of shifts I won't be able to attend any meets before then and don't know any routes. I believe Slaidburn is my closest starting point and was wondering if anybody could send me info of a good route or better still be prepared to guide us on a run out.
I'm not sure if I should have posted this in the members area or not so feel free to move it if necessary.

Thanks in advance. Gra.

Post subject: Re: First ride out 1/9 lancs/dales
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 pm 
80 cc

Hi Gra
1st sept is a friday and most of lancs rides are weekend , however if you google lancstrf and find the free forums page (in green) you will be able to click on it and see your forum.

This is where we post our rideouts amongst other things and if you want to join a horse trials event , a very easy ride round farmers fields collecting score cards then you can join us at Bold horse trials near Warrington on a w/e to be announced in august . i,ll try to put it on here when John Gardener tells me, you would be most welcome.
Club meets at rigbye arms nr Mawdsley 1st Tuesday of the month.
Hope this helps
Wayne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:17 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for the reply Wayne. I have been up to one of the meetings but can sometimes struggle to attend because of shifts. I have joined the trf and will post on the lanc's page as you have said. I was wondering though if anybody local could give me access to some maps to copy and advise me of a good route for Friday the 1st if nobody is available for a ride out.

Thanks again. Gra.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:29 pm 
50 cc

Just looking at my dates and have messed up. Bloody google calendar! It is more likely that we will be going the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess if the worst cames to the worst I can get a route from the meet on Tuesday the 5th but would prefer to have the maps and my GPS sorted a bit sooner than the night before the ride.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]