TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hi new Member from Mid Wales
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:47 pm 
50 cc

I thought I had posted a hello on here before but can't find it, so thought I would try again. I am in Mid Wales (Presteigne area) and hope to have a few trail rides and also, (once I have sorted out the legalities), would like to set up a few rides in this area for like minded TRF people ! I have a few Yamaha XT500's and have always loved restoring them, but also ride them all the time. Anyway, great to join the group and looking forward to riding around the place. Who can spot the obvious in the pic ? :D :D

Attachments:
enduro.JPG
enduro.JPG [ 130.14 KiB | Viewed 10130 times ]

Post subject: Re: Hi new Member from Mid Wales
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:35 pm 
200 cc

Welcome, hopefully you are in contact with your local group but if not here are the details.
Regional Rep: Marianne Walford

Meeting Details: Last Thursday of the month except December, no fixed venue.

Contact Details:

marianne@trailrides-wales.com

href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/354419968236284/">Facebook

01686 430522

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:49 pm 
50 cc

many thanks for that Eddie - am in touch and all sorted !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:23 pm 
200 cc

Hi ,quite a long way from you ,but welcome from East Yorkshire TRF ,
You are more than welcome up our way ,after all we have had some cracking days in your area . Your area has some great lanes with plenty of variety , Welcome ! Julian . :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:43 pm 

Hello and welcome from East Sussex

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:56 pm 
300 cc

Eddie wrote:
Welcome, hopefully you are in contact with your local group but if not here are the details.
Regional Rep: Marianne Walford

Meeting Details: Last Thursday of the month except December, no fixed venue.

Contact Details:

marianne@trailrides-wales.com

href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/354419968236284/">Facebook

01686 430522

Hiya Falkie, might I suggest that the Hereford TRF group might be a bit nearer?? Meeting at new inn, fownhope down Hereford way this Tuesday at 2000hrs. Most of the riders come form south of the Wye, but there are a smattering of northern Hfds like meself and lotsa other very experienced solo riders.
As for Presteigne, that is the start for some great riding, I'm sure you know where the routes am but we might know a few you don't and vice-versa. Drop me a reply on here and we'll hook up.
DS650

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:52 am 
50 cc

Hi DS650 and everyone else - many thanks for the warm welcome. I have joined in the Mid Wales Group but many thanks for the suggestion re Hereford. You're right about the rides around here. What I hope to do once I have teamed up with the group is get some clear advice on where we are allowed to go legally without upsetting people and then see if I can revisit some trails I used to use around here. I did rummage around on the forum and found some useful advice on here. Heading out with Mid Wales on Saturday so hope to get some good advice so I can plan a route or two. Never realised the TRF existed until someone mentioned it to me the other week !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 am 
300 cc

Hi Falkie,
Good work on gong out with Marianne into mid wales. As for routes round yer area it would be worth keeping an eye out for the Shropshire TRF meetings as the guys there do meet in south Shropshire out Morville way as I remember. The main player there is Alwyn Mike and he started out with me in N Herefordshire too. As for route planning, the Herefordhsire TRF will be coming into your patch for the hospice trail ride planned for early September and I 'll be leading on the Sunday. For a small donation you can get 2 days of guided trails in our/your area, hopefully some live music, camping etc etc and more bike related banter than you can shake an exhaust pipe at....(see I spotted in the pic).
Fancy catching up tomorrow nite at Fownhope? I'll give ye a lift from Lemner if ye can get across. PM me here if keen.
DS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 am 
300 cc

Hi Falkie.
We often start rides from Clinton when we get down to your neck of the woods. Otherwise it's Church Stretton mainly.
Keep an eye out on the Shropshire forum for rides, but they are things on the ground at the moment with summer holidays, DIY, and other impediments to enjoyment.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:14 am 
300 cc

Should read Clunton - beaten by the spillchucker

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next