TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: a bit confused
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:37 am 
300 cc

I think the main trust of this thread as been about the fragmentation of the TRF caused through the use of multi channels of communication and channels of communication exclusive to individual groups rather than a criticism of any one group certainly thats what I meant by my word of encouragement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 am 
300 cc

Thank you Mario, and well said , We as Dorset TRF group have a well run and supported group not one of the largest but regularly get 20 + at the monthly meetings , which is probably more than most, so must be doing some thing right , so please those who do not know us as a group keep your derogatory comments to your self :D

Post subject: a bit confused
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:46 am 
300 cc

Voluntary contributions = no problem

Compulsory subscription = problem (breach of bylaw)
Removal of members from forum purely due to non payment of subscription = problem (breach of bylaw)
Withholding members benefits purely due to non payment of a subscription = problem (breach of bylaw)

A simple change of wording and stance by Dorset to say "we would ask that members make a nominal voluntary contribution to our local funds to pay for meeting venue and to help with road conservation work" is all that needs to be said. No conditions, no problem.

I was told to sod off and mind my own business when I queried the £10 fee they asked for, to keep me as a member on their FB and local forum. They backtracked and changed the access conditions to be only for Dorset main members and secondary members didn't have to pay. (Btw if I ever get a chance to travel the hour to their meetings, I'll gladly chip in a few quid to cover the venue charges, if there are any).

Money isn't the issue here, it's the principle of conditional and restricted access to members benefits.

So yes or no Mario.

Are groups allowed to charge a £10 subscription to be a member of their gang?

Can groups make this charge a condition of access to its forum and Facebook pages?

Can groups remove members from their forum, or decline access to meetings,if they have not or refuse to pay this charge?

Answers to these questions were made in the GCN and the party line was NO!
NO! And NO!
So can you clarify this Mario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by smokinrider on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 am 
300 cc

For some one who has only been a member of Dorset group for about three months and lives in Hampshire you seem to know a lot about our group and a lot to say for yourself,
There again your always righ mr Smoking Rider :lol:

Post subject: a bit confused
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:24 am 
300 cc

I've been a member on the Dorset forum for nearly 2 years blue ray. I queried the conditional fees and they were withdrawn for secondary members. And am also a member of 10 or so other trf local group forums around the country. If I had to pay £10 to each of these, to access what should be an included member benefit then I'd be paying £145 a year for my membership of the trf.

I've made the stance clear there on the local forum after speaking with directors and know I'm right. The directors even put a note in the GCN as a subtle way to inform you of this but Dorset refuse to listen and adhere to the trf bylaws so the matter has reared its head again just like it has in the local forum.

Simple solution is remove the charge as a condition of access to the fb and local forum. Then there is no problem. Local forum raised the question whys it all gone dead in the local forum and the reality is, it's because you threw out half the active posters as they didn't pay your fee.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 am 
650 cc Monster

Andrew

I believe that members do not want the National forum to be the place to resolve this local dispute which can be seen to bring the TRF into disrepute and create a poor impression to a newly joining member.

As you point out the Directors have made the TRF's position clear on the GCN.

The Directors will certainly not get brought into trial by the forum and without full discussion with the local group's views.

I would suggest disputes of this nature should be resolved in person by any affected member visiting the local group and the local chair and understanding the issue and seeking resolution.

Should this fail to progress you are free to escalate this by email to Directors@

I will recommend the Board take no further action until this basic face to face meeting occurs.

To all reply posters on this thread who are concerned with Dorset's or TRF Group's position.

May I remind members that a TRF meeting of Groups chairs has been called for Leek in some 10 days on Saturday 24th

This has gone out to over 200 TRF Group Officers and all members are welcome to join with the support of their local Group Chair.

The agenda is entirely of the Group Officers choice.

I am pleased to report that the agenda items proposed by the Group Chairs have been entirely positive, cohesive, constructive and totally free from ambiguous themes such as "fragmentation".

May I suggest if you wish to change the TRF Group's position on this matter you contact your local TRF Group Chair and propose the item and a solution for discussion.

We look forward to welcoming you to the correct place for policy debate and making change fo the future.

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:15 pm 
300 cc

:)
smokinrider wrote:
I've been a member on the Dorset forum for nearly 2 years blue ray. I queried the conditional fees and they were withdrawn for secondary members. And am also a member of 10 or so other trf local group forums around the country. If I had to pay £10 to each of these, to access what should be an included member benefit then I'd be paying £145 a year for my membership of the trf.

I've made the stance clear there on the local forum after speaking with directors and know I'm right. The directors even put a note in the GCN as a subtle way to inform you of this but Dorset refuse to listen and adhere to the trf bylaws so the matter has reared its head again just like it has in the local forum.

Simple solution is remove the charge as a condition of access to the fb and local forum. Then there is no problem. Local forum raised the question whys it all gone dead in the local forum and the reality is, it's because you threw out half the active posters as they didn't pay your fee.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:18 pm 
300 cc

If you have been a member for the last 2 years you have been very quiet , which is not like you , as I have not seen many post on the Dorset forum in the last 5 years that I have been a member , I was just going by when it says you joined in March 2016 :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:26 pm 
650 cc Monster

Not sure to whom this debate is helpful and in the absence of any amendments by the people warned I will lock the thread at this point

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2