TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Quads
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:12 pm 
125cc

Rssrv wrote:
I hope things work out for you nobody needs that kind of bad luck in their life

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:41 am 
300 cc

andysp wrote:
Another quad rider down here, as well......(Sussex)

I do believe the susex quad count has gone up.............poss now 3 in area and paying subs. :D

Hopfully by us being seen out n about, some of the quad riders stigma can be quashed;

Andy

Hi andy,
Nice to know ye have 2 in area as well. sounds pretty serious in your signature footer, please don't tell me you were hit by a gti whilst you were on yer quad??
As for stigma, I think any national newspaper loves to paint quads as mega dangerous and anti social, just don't mention that to any of the farmers round my way.
But I suppose on yer average east London/Manchester/Sheffield/Glasgow housing estate they are a tad anti-social especially when being ridden by young 'erbs at eleven o'clock on a Tuesday night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:25 pm 
125cc

DS650 wrote:
andysp wrote:
Another quad rider down here, as well......(Sussex)

I do believe the susex quad count has gone up.............poss now 3 in area and paying subs. :D

Hopfully by us being seen out n about, some of the quad riders stigma can be quashed;

Andy

Hi andy,
Nice to know ye have 2 in area as well. sounds pretty serious in your signature footer, please don't tell me you were hit by a gti whilst you were on yer quad??
As for stigma, I think any national newspaper loves to paint quads as mega dangerous and anti social, just don't mention that to any of the farmers round my way.
But I suppose on yer average east London/Manchester/Sheffield/Glasgow housing estate they are a tad anti-social especially when being ridden by young 'erbs at eleven o'clock on a Tuesday night.

Yup shunted up the rear by said GTI.......... :( stopped at junction waiting to pull out, said GTI same.......just he looked away and lifted off clutch.......and I hadn't moved :shock: :shock:
Rear rack took most of shock, which then twisted frame............and rear bodywork !
Total cost of the THREE items needing replacement was £880.00+vat BUT none of said items were available here, all needing to come from China. That and the labour costs resulted in it being deemed B.E.R........
Hey Ho 8 months old and 1200 miles under its wheels......... :( :(

Main thing I guess is that I didn't come off.....or get hurt !

Know what you mean there are a couple of small capacity 2wd quads around here being screemed around by underage knobs that have caused some issues on one of the byways. Had a chat with a PC who happened to be at the end of said byway one day....he was cool, knew about them (got the impression he knew who they were), and was interested enough to chat about what we got out of 'greenlining'.........(I did point out that whilst route was unsurfaced they still carried same road laws etc as any tarmaced road..)

Hopfully will head up your way, sometime............maybe's show me around your ROW's ?

All the best

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2