TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Isle of Man Maps
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:24 am 
80 cc

I'm hoping some kind soul might help my daughter and I with some maps / suggested rides in the IoM. We are visiting the IoM in the first few days of July. Riding a KTM 350 freeride and a little Beta Alp. We are novice riders really, nothing too hardcore. We are looking for possible routes and maps for same. We've done the local code research etc, and even have a list of routes from some IoM web site (apparently) but have no idea as to suitable rides and how to find them. Whilst I appreciate there are all sorts of digital gizmos around I'm old school and don't have or want the latest version 16.8-2.5c digimap software running on a windows 12 laptop strapped to my tailtidy. Rather I'm looking for a large scale (1:25 map?) which I'll upgrade using coloured highlighters !!! Is there such a thing as a ski-ing type piste map with routes colour coded for their degree of difficulty ???

Of course I'm happy to cover any costs, postage, maps etc.

Thanks in anticipation

Post subject: Re: Isle of Man Maps
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 am 
300 cc

Everything's clearly marked. Your best paper map is the IOMs touristy map. 2 part blue covered one but I can't remember who does it but it's widely available on the island. All greenways byways etc marked on it, bigger scale and more detail than the os map. That said the os maps will show all byways but some greenways might not be clear and may be described on os as just other tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:42 am 
80 cc

smokinrider wrote:
Everything's clearly marked. Your best paper map is the IOMs touristy map. 2 part blue covered one but I can't remember who does it but it's widely available on the island. All greenways byways etc marked on it, bigger scale and more detail than the os map. That said the os maps will show all byways but some greenways might not be clear and may be described on os as just other tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I think I see those described as "Leisure Maps" on IoM govt web site. (one for north and one for south). So it's degree of difficulty info I need now if anyone can help with that.......please......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm 
80 cc

Dave, where are you located?
I'd be happy to pore over a map with you and point out some areas to avoid and even more not to miss.
I'm just south of Oxford
Patrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:18 pm 
80 cc

beefiddler wrote:
Dave, where are you located?
I'd be happy to pore over a map with you and point out some areas to avoid and even more not to miss.
I'm just south of Oxford
Patrick

Thanks for your kind offer Patrick, it's much appreciated. I'm a while away from you I'm afraid. Near Herts, Beds, Cambridgeshire border. - junction 10 of the A1. If I'm heading over your way anytime soon I'll drop you a line in advance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]