TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Member in Bristol area
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:51 am 
50 cc

Hello everyone!

I've just joined and wanted to introduce myself, I've had an itch to get a bike since selling my road bike 6 years ago and I'm really looking forward to getting muddy.

I haven't got any off road experience (unless ragging a DT125 across fields at 17 counts?!) as I used to ride road bikes but after a few near misses I decided there's too many idiots in cars to risk my neck enjoying what I love. So after much contemplation I've decided to itch the itch and brought myself a DRZ400 to start riding where the aforementioned idiots cant drive into me!

I do have a couple of questions which I hope some members can help with;

1) I noticed there's two groups in Bristol, how so?! is one more active than the other or aimed at different styles of riding?

2) After reading some of the other newbies questions the consensus seems to be second hand kit to wear seems the most logical approach, what should I wear for the upcoming summer? I was thinking boots, MX trousers lightweight armoured textile jacket, gloves & helmet! is full body armour necessary and knee pads?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting up with some of the members soon!

Alex

Post subject: Re: New Member in Bristol area
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:03 pm 

Hello and welcome from East Sussex

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:16 pm 
125cc

I can only speak from experience and found the Central Bristol group very welcoming...kit wise..just don't rush into buying too much straight away..go for a few gentle bimbles, see what other wear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm 
80 cc

Hi Alex
You can attend Both clubs Twice the rides ..! Central Bristol have an extra Club night we're we go over bike maintance and such ...
There is also a "Meet the TRF " stand at Wickwar Enduro Track south Glous on the 7th May
Come and say hello ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:16 pm 
80 cc

Regarding kit,
neepads always ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:18 am 
50 cc

Thanks Red, Woody & Andy.

Good idea join both clubs and get twice the rides! And so long as my DRZ pass's its MOT I'll swing by the Enduro day and see what's happening.

I think I'll put a wanted advert in for old kit.

Cheers all.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:45 pm 
125cc

Hello and welcome. Bristol trf meet 4th Monday (not the last! ) at Portcullis pub Staplehill Bristol. We ride from Keynsham Rest a While cafe from about 9am Sundays probably twice a month. There are gazillions of rides and abilities. It seems we don't publish much on national website & that's worth a whole phd in reasoning! Look up our chairman on the area contact list & give a call. We have a closed web forum for security.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]