TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello from North Shields
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 am 
50 cc

Hello, I have finally got round to joining the TRF.

I have only been riding on the roads since August but have been riding off road off and on since I was a child but I don't think the places we were taken to were legal. Now I'd like to get back to off road fun but legally and responsibly.

I intend on meeting with the Northumbria group at some point and get some ideas of what is around in the area. I don't have an off road bike yet so I'm not sure if I'll get on any rides until I get something suitable.

Post subject: Re: Hello from North Shields
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:06 pm 

Hello and welcome from East Sussex

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:35 pm 
200 cc

Hello from East Yorkshire TRF , you are in a cracking area for trail biking ,the lads up that way should be along to show you the ropes but i must admit a bike will help you enjoy your day a little better !
try not to fall into the trap of thinking the bigger the better ,unless you fancy doing the odd enduro .....think more will i hurt myself pitching off at this speed as it will be part of a normal day out . So steady away at first . personally , only consider a bike with an electric start as it makes for a lot easier day especially when the going gets a little more challenging . See if you can contact your local group as thy can give you lots of advice and answer any questions you may have .
Enjoy ........Julian East Yorks TRF ...group rep . :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:15 pm 
300 cc

Hi Kev,sorry I've just seen this as the Northumbria trf meeting was tonight(unless you already know),but they are held on the first Wednesday of each month.just about all rideouts and communication for Northumbria trf is on the Facebook page now,sad but that's the way things are now I suppose so contact the group via that.
If Facebook isn't your thing just post on here and myself or maybe another local member will try and answer you.

Mick,Northumbria trf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:28 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for the warm welcome and useful advice. I was initially thinking along the lines of a DRZ400 but I may go for something lighter, probably a 250 and looking at Enduro style most likely but I'll be seeking advice on that. I'll meet up with the Northumbria group at the next meet, I was aware of the last one but couldn't make it unfortunately. Once I get an idea of the type of trails that are around me I will start to look for a bike but I need to pass my full license first (theory on Thursday) otherwise I'll be staying with a 125. The bikes I had previously were no bigger than that (TS50X, TS125X, YZ125) so I don't mind them but I'd like something with a bit more power for both off road and a little road use to get to the trails. I do fancy Enduro in the future but I don't mind changing the bike later to start that type of riding.

I am on the Facebook group as Jake Derg. It's a long boring story why it's Jake and not Kev so I'll not go into detail on that :)

Thanks again!
Kev

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]